Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat for breakfast everyday?

Monday morning I had Protein for Breakfast. I had a leftover pork chop:) Weird breakfast I know but it was lean and I don't really like bacon and eggs. I was good till 1 pm with this.

Yesterday I had oatmeal and I was ready for lunch by 11 am. So I guess I need to focus on protein for breakfast.

What do you guys eat everyday for breakfast?

Oatmeal doesn't stick with me either. I use eggbeaters and make a mini meal. I put in hashbrowns and canadian bacon or lean ham, and veggies, and cheese. I bake it in a 8x8 pan and cut it into squares. Sometimes I use sour cream and salsa on it. B)

I was eating 1/4 cup liquid eggs whites w/ 1 slice of cheese and a Monring Star Farms Breakfast pattie. However, I realized that I wasn't getting in enough calories per day so I swtiched to a protien packed breakfast--Chobani Greek yougurt w/ 2 Morningstar Farms breakfast patties.

I made a low fat quiche from the lap band recipie site .. the textuse is not a lot like quiche but the flavor was surprisingly not bad at all. I eliminated the parmasean cheese and added a little fat free feta instead... made 8 slices, each slice 12 gm Protein .. and quite filling

1 (8 or 9 inch) low-fat pie crust

2 slices low-fat Swiss cheese

2 cups fat free cottage cheese

2 ounces lean deli ham slices (about 5), diced

1 onion, chopped

2 eggs, beaten together with 1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup fat-free shredded cheddar cheese

2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

fresh ground black pepper

Directions

1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2.) Bake pie crust until slightly browned. Remove and set aside.

3.) In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese and diced ham. Place Swiss cheese slices on the bottom of the crust. Scoop cottage cheese mixture on top.

4.) In a small skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute onion until light brown; place on top of cottage cheese. Pour eggs on top and sprinkle cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese over entire quiche.

5.) Bake about 40 - 50 minutes, until edges are slightly browned.

I like chobani fruited yoghurt with about 1/4 scoop vanilla whey isolate Protein Powder, splendra, 2 teaspoons benefiber. I mix that up (either by spoon or stick blender), then add 10 g Thin Bare Naked Oatmeal. This gives you something to chew on.

I have to focus on Protein, or it sets me up for being hungry all day.

When I first get up (very early), I have a warm Protein Drink. I postpone eating until after I exercise--which often means it's more of a brunch than breakfast. I tend to have savory things, things that aren't typical breakfast foods. (eggs don't generally work well for me.) Often, it's something like chicken black bean chili, or something else with Beans. I eat low-carb in general, but the carbs from Beans work very well for me post-exercise.

One of my favorites is an egg white and cheese deli flat.

2 egg whites=34 cal. 7.2g Protein

1 slice Kraft 2% American cheese=45 cal. 4g Protein

1/2 Pepperidge Farm Deli flat, 7 grains= 50 cal. 3 g protein

-I use 1/2 of the deli flat because 2 was a bit more bread to eat than was comfortable. I do toast the deli flat well just to make eating all that easier.

Tomatoes, spinach, turkey sausage or a Morning Star patty would BA a great addition. Right now this doesn't completely fill me up, but I have only had 1 fill and am still looking for a sweet spot. Oh...and I usually pair the sandwich with 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese and 1/4 cup lite peaches.

:biggrin:

I am in the same rut....I don't mind egg beaters on weekends but during the week I just want something easy. I love my cereal (which I just had) but I know I am going to be wicked hungry by 11. I just bought some deli turkey that I am going to have with a piece of fruit tomorrow for breakfast. I am just bored of my food right now...

be well all....katie

egg-beaters, kraft non-fat cheese and a half an al fresco chicken sausage makes a nice mini omelette. one slice of arnold double Fiber bread dry. delicious, fills me up and high in Protein and fibe.

Every weekday morning I have the same thing. An EAS Advantage Carb chocolate Protein shake thrown into my Ninja blender with a half a frozen banana and a tablespoon of PB2 and some ice.

On the weekends, I like an egg with cheese and maybe some turkey.

I have really used to drinking the Protein shakes...they are just so much easier.

Most days M-F I have a hard-boiled egg, oatmeal, and a nice hunking cup of coffee. If I happen to still be hungry I'll add 1/2 a piece of fruit such as a banana.< /p>

On the weekends I love to make egg beater omelets, I usually add some smoked gouda, cheddar, and swiss cheese, chopped-up chicken breast or spinach, some salsa, and a dab of sour cream and slice of avocado atop. Sometimes to change things up, I will have Breakfast for dinner.

On rare ocassions I'll allow myself some huevos rancheros (that is always a special treat) ummm mmmm good. :smile:

If I'm tight in the morning, it's a Protein shake made with Soy Slender and Water, or I'll have a quick cup of 1% cottage cheese.

If I have time to cook, it's frequently an egg-white omelette. A little fat free shredded cheese and whatever leftover veggies and it's an easy Protein bomb that keeps me full.

However, like Betsy, I like savory foods in the morning, so

some days I'll have Beans -- black, pinto, refried, whatever. I tend to cook up one big batch of Beans at the beginning of the week and my spouse and I will eat on them all week long. Another savory and fast option that I'll do is tofu scramble. High in protein, soft enough to not stick if I'm tight, and easy to season in a variety of ways. My favorite has to be with curry powder or garam masala and a touch of plain yogurt, scrambled with onion pieces and canned peas (just about the only veggie I like canned).

I've tried meat in the morning too, but it almost invariably gets stuck, which is no fun - especially when I'm in a hurry. heh