Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got a fill last Thursday - up until then, I could eat almost anything just not very much. Since this fill, even drinking has to be slow or it hurts as it backs up. I was liquid on Thursday and Friday and then mushies yesterday and today, and overything fills like it gets stuck. Today, I had two major PBs when I ate - and trust me, I am chewing everything to straight up liquid and then waiting like 3-5 minutes for the next bite. Am I too tight or is this how things are supposed to be? At this point, I just don't even want to eat - it is such a chore I cannot take it.

Experienced bandsters - tell me? Is this how it is supposed to be? I should I go back and get half a cc backed off? NO IDEA.... or should I give it a couple more days? This fill was a 1 cc increase (I am at 6ccs).

Nope, this isn't normal. My advice, if you're getting fluids down okay would be to go back on liquids for a couple days and see how things go, if it seems to get going better start advancing. Now I appear to be a weird bandster and tend to get tighter a couple weeks after my fills but it looks like most people start to loosen up after a week or two.

Good luck. Take it slow. If you can't get liquids down you have a problem and need to get help.

Nope, this isn't normal. My advice, if you're getting fluids down okay would be to go back on liquids for a couple days and see how things go, if it seems to get going better start advancing. Now I appear to be a weird bandster and tend to get tighter a couple weeks after my fills but it looks like most people start to loosen up after a week or two.

Good luck. Take it slow. If you can't get liquids down you have a problem and need to get help.

Thank you - sounds like a good plan of action. I can get the liquids down for now - although I feel them in a way I never had before. Thanks for the good advice.

Now I appear to be a weird bandster and tend to get tighter a couple weeks after my fills ::snipped::

Nope, you're not weird, or at least you're not alone. I've had that experience too.

In fact, that's why my doc won't give fills any closer than 4 weeks.. because of his experience of fills sometimes taking 2 weeks to make themselves known in some of his patients.

Got a fill last Thursday - up until then, I could eat almost anything just not very much. Since this fill, even drinking has to be slow or it hurts as it backs up. I was liquid on Thursday and Friday and then mushies yesterday and today, and overything fills like it gets stuck. Today, I had two major PBs when I ate - and trust me, I am chewing everything to straight up liquid and then waiting like 3-5 minutes for the next bite. Am I too tight or is this how things are supposed to be? At this point, I just don't even want to eat - it is such a chore I cannot take it.

Experienced bandsters - tell me? Is this how it is supposed to be? I should I go back and get half a cc backed off? NO IDEA.... or should I give it a couple more days? This fill was a 1 cc increase (I am at 6ccs).

I had a .2cc fill in April that made it hurt to eat.. I was PB'ing .. having to drink hot tea to be able to get ANY food down. I went and had the fill taken back out. Immediate relief.. and in fact, had to fight hunger for a few days by pushing fluids until things settled back down.

Waited till July.. got the same .2cc's back in again. Now it's near perfect. Just a little bit tight, no PB'ing.

So, my advice... if it hurts to eat, if you're having to drink something warm to be able to eat solid foods.. think about having some taken back out. Of course it's your decision.. but I didn't like it hurting.

If you can get liquids down (meaning Liquid Protein as well, not just water) you are ok to wait it out a little and see how it settles down IF you have the patience for it. I think you will loosen up, but it might take a couple of weeks! I was definitely too tight (could not get liquids down), had the fill backed off and it felt fine IMMEDIATELY. Now I'm two weeks later and I think I have loosened up a bit more. 2 more weeks till next fill...I'm hoping that's "the one." I can still get stuck pretty easily where I am right now, but I think it has to be pretty tight to be effective, IMO. I can still eat basically what I want as long as I'm careful. Good luck!

Oh yeah, one more thing that might be helpful. My doc specifically says, "I want you to be able to eat meat." That was a gauge he gave me to tell if I was too tight. The issue, you might be fine to eat meat if you wait it out :smile:

You probably have some swelling due to the fill. That takes a few days to a week to settle down. If your keeping down liquid protien and Water, I would wait it out a few days. Of course if your really miserable you might want to go in right away. Hope you feel better soon.