Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going for another fill... hoping I can stop overeating!

Seeing my fill Doc this coming Wednesday.

1st off, I'm self-pay... I haven't had many fills & the doc who does them is right, when he tells me I need to come back more often. The problem I find is that when he's trying to give me more Fluid at one sitting - I feel as though I can't breath & certainly have a hard time drinking that Water afterwards ~ so I always only get just a little. Then, a couple of weeks later - unfortunately, I can eat way, way more than I need to - so, no weight lose :biggrin:. It's sad, that when I see a lose - I feel like exercising... when the weight stalls or goes up even by 1-2 lbs... I stop exercising. This pattern has not been good for me, of course because I'm not losing... just maintaining.

I am so hoping I can take in & accept a 'good' fill amount this time and can eat the small amounts like my fellow bandsters here.

It's my hopes to re-commit to losing and to try to lose at least 15 lbs. by the end of November.

Thanks for listening to my rant...

CONTINUED SUCCESS TO EACH YOU!!

I hope you get to the right fill level.

That said, no matter what your band is doing, you need to consistently do the things that promote loss---regardless of the scale feedback. Right now, you're playing games with yourself, and it's causing you emotional distress.

No matter what the scale tells you, you need to exercise. Routinely. No excuses. That's the way to create the success you want to experience.

Same goes for eating properly. Is it hard when you aren't properly adjusted? Yes. Do it anyway.

The band isn't going to do it for you--you need to develop and maintain these habits for a lifetime. The time to start is NOW---not some arbitrary point down the road when you have better restriction.

BetsyB, thank-you for the straight talk and info... I need it.

Amen Betsy!

Keep going for your fills and keep them small so you don't suffer the overfill pain, but follow Betsy's advice. This isn't the "easy" way out remember, it's just a tool toward helping you control your hunger so you don't overeat. Much of the work is still left up to you. The band isn't a solo worker, it's a team player. Exercise will help control your hunger too...

good luck,

Thanks to both of you ~ of course I know you are right. I was so doing the right things - eating balanced & exercising.

Anyway, went for my fill and he wouldn't give it to me.

Told me to get on track with my meals and check back with him a couple of weeks. I'm trying hard. After my appt. on Wedn., I went back to my smaller, high Protein meals with minimal & sensible snacking. Hopped back onto the treadmill. Amazingly, this broke my plateau - allowing me to drop 3 lbs. Water weight; seems to put me back on track.

I also really want a fill and he won't give it to me; I've emailed him twice since my appointment and he's told me no. I don't like that ~ because I still want a fill - I haven't had one since April. It's not easy finding a fill doc when you are self pay - as it is, his price is up $180.

Again, thank you for the words of wisdom. I truly needed it.