Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To unfill or not.....

I am so undecided!

Just over 2 weeks ago I got my second fill in a 10cc band, bringing me to 5.5cc total.

Since then, I have gotten stuck eating just about anything in the mornings or evenings. Even cottage cheese feels tight and uncomfortable, but at least I don't (usually) start sliming with it. Not only the usual culprits like egg whites and chicken, but soft foods too like tofu and fish. My midday meal is sort of hit or miss, I get stuck about half the time, but it's been more successful than other meals.

Warm Soups go down the best, and I've been sticking with low-fat, high Protein bean soups or veggie soups with very small meat in them (like picadillo or gumbo). But, of course, soups don't stick around for long after I eat them.

So, yeah. I'm either not being aware enough of my chewing and speed, or I'm too tight. I understand chewing well, but I didn't think I had to liquefy it in my mouth before swallowing. If so, what's the difference between eating regular food and the alleged slider pureed foods?!?

Any thoughts on all this? I have an appointment on Thursday to get a slight unfill, but if my issues are MY doing, then I would rather fix them than pay to unfill and have to re-fill my band.

I want to lose weight, of course, but because my band is helping me to feel satisfied, not terrified! :lol:

I have experienced what you are describing and I believe a small unfill is going to help...even .2 or .15 just might take you to the sweet spot. Please post after your decision and dr visit.

Mimi

Hope you get to straighten out the "fill" situation. About to get me 2nd fill on 10/15/10. Had the first and don't really feel restricted (Doc put in 6 cc's), said next time he'll put in 8. I don't really feel hungry so I know it's working, just get tired when I know I have to eat. I've lost 30 lbs between pre & post surgery. Not losing too much now but staying on course food wise. I'm sure to lose if I stay on track. Didn't go all this way to go off. I want thinness and good health. At 56 yrs old, it's about time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches