Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four Weeks Post-op and Hungry!!

Bbammom - I don't get on-line too often, so it may take a few days before I answer. I believe Kaiser Moanalua has a 6 PM support group on the 2nd Wednesday. Kaiser in Kaneohe has one 9am on 2nd & 4th Saturdays. I have not gone since pre-op, so I should start going again.

I will let you know about the cream. I am not sure if I should start using it now, or wait until I start dropping the weight.

Kaylee5682,

Many thanks! I might try to make it to the Moanalua meeting next week. I'll check first to make sure anyone is welcome. I'll ask my doctor on Tuesday as well.

We went to Ruby Tuesday's last night and I asked about ordering a kid's meal. She confirmed that they do need a card from the doctor so I could order from the kid's menu. My doctor said they would give me one so I'll try to do that Tuesday. Have you gotten one yet? Our server said it's pretty common.

Have a good week!!

Just got home from my appointment with the dietician and the surgeon. Dietician says i have exceeded expectations. Yay! He told me i have a 10 ml band and that there is no fill in it. Said the doctor might do a fill today and usually puts in 5 ml.

Surgeon looked at my wounds and said i will see you in 6 weeks. I was like "6 weeks before you look at doing a fill". He said because of my good weight loss i didn't need a fill yet and that he normally doesn't do them till then and that i obviously wasn't eating too much. I told him i had lost very little in the last few weeks and that i was afraid i would start eating too much so he will see me in 2 weeks. If i haven't lost any more weight he will do a fill. So now i am thinking if i am not so careful then i might get my fill but i think i am more keen to loose more weight!

I have been booked in for my exercise classes and they gave me a calorie counter and cook book. Dietician said not to focus too much on calories but to make sure i get enough Protein.< /p>

Sorry I took so long to respond to your question.....I didn't see it until now. (been sick with bronchitis and then my kids had it...YUK!)

Yes I only had the two fills...I haven't been back to my doctor since last summer (2009) as he told me I didn't need to come back until I felt like I needed a fill....so I have been waiting to feel like I needed one....and since I kept losing I haven't gone back. I ALMOST went in feb as I stopped losing weight, but then I was introduced to the body magic and started wearing it, which has helped me reshape my figure as I lose weight....helps with the skin on my thighs and belly... (if you have questions about them PM me) and since I started wearing it I dropped the additional 25 lbs....so I am happy with that. Since I can only usually eat around a cup of food at a time I still don't think I need a fill....and I am pretty close to my goal. I don't wanna be a supermodel, I just wanna be healthy and be able to keep up with my three girls! I feel really good about myself --- and I truly think the body magic has had a LOT to do with that...as it smooths everything out under clothes and corrects my posture, supporting my back. It has been a blessing.

Keep up the good work - you guys are doing great!!!

How's everyone doing?

im glad i saw this post. i was banded 8/20/10 and lost 8 kilos 1st week post op and havent lost since. this really frustrated me and make me kinda embarrassed to see my doctor.

i dont feel the full sensation anymore and can eat a bowl of Soup, 1/2 c of rice and some piece of meat or fish.

i really cannot wait to have my fill!!!

Well i had my follow up appointment today and my weight was the same as 2 weeks ago so the surgeon agreed to do a fill. He could feel my port but could not access it. At first he couldn't feel it at all and stuck the needle where he thought it was and found a pocket of Fluid that he drained a good 20mls of yellowish fluid from. He thought it was the antiseptic he put in at surgery that hadn't been absorbed but then said it was too much. He thinks maybe i had a reaction to the chlorhexidine he put around the port.( It did give me a nasty rash on the outside). Any way he eventually hit the port once the fluid was drained from around it but he couldn't find the middle after 4 tries - i hope the port hasn't flipped. Now i have to wait 4 weeks because i am away next week when he wanted to access my port under xray and then he is away for 3 weeks after that. He says he wants to do it himself - so no restriction for another 4 weeks! That worries me a bit but i am more worried about exactly what the fluid is - surgeons not concerned though .because i feel fine.

I'm still in bandster hell 2 months later!!! I lost 30 before surgery, 12 in the 2 weeks after surgery, and not an ounce since. Haven't gained either. It might have been easier to diet BEFORE the surgery than it is now! I have had 1 fill and am still constantly hungry. Still have a loud uncomfortably growling stomach most of the time. Hungry hungry hungry an hour after eating. Drinking when I'm that hungry just makes it worse. I have my next fill in a couple of weeks and I am HOPING it will help.

JanB23,

Oh, I am sorry you're having such a rough time!! I'm glad that the surgeon is not concerned but I imagine you'll be happy to have the next appointment. Read on for my experience today...

jingleboob - You sound just like me!! Except, I actually gained 5 pounds from the first week after surgery to today, 7 weeks past surgery. Read on for my story...

Aloha All! Today is 7 weeks and one day since my surgery. Two weeks ago I had my first fill of 1.5 ml. Nothing! I was so bummed!! Today I had another fill and he added another 1 ml. Unless it was my imagination (or wishful thinking), I felt a difference within 5 minutes. Actually, it was as soon as I stood up after drinking the cup of Water. I'm hoping that we've found my "sweet spot!" Best of all, it didn't hurt at all!! The second fill was much better than the first. It helps me if I lift my legs a bit when he's putting the needle in the port.

Up until today, I could eat anything and everything! I was getting so discouraged but, with the help of this website and a book I'm reading (can't remember the name but I'll post it later), I've tried to stay positive.

This morning I was UP 5 pounds from the week after surgery. I wasn't surprised...I've been eating way too much for this point of my journey...about 1200-1300 calories. My doctor was great today and didn't even mention it!

I went back to the gym last week and attended a circuit training class twice. During the second class, my band area hurt a bit but not too bad. It felt sore when I did a plank exercise. So, I told the trainer and stopped. I've also increased my walking distance and I'm really happy about that!

I hope you are all well and staying positive. I'll be sure to post the title of the book I'm reading. It's really good! I wish I had found it BEFORE surgery!!

Someone on a different post suggested the Fluid the doctor found could be a seroma. I googled it and it sounds similar - should clear up on its own but on a couple of old post here the port had to be repositioned.

I set out this morning being good and having a shake for Breakfast and a band meal for lunch - thought it might kick start things again. Well i didn't sleep well last night - for various reasons, so am very tired and grabbed chinese take away on the way home and ended up eating way too much and now i am feeling bad(emotionally, not physically). Just went for a short walk but am too tired to go for the long walk i need.

Going on a road trip at the end of the week for 9 days so i will have to be really careful what and how much i eat.

By the way my weight was up .1 of a kilo when i went to the doctors and the nurse was just short of saying tut tut tut. Doctor was great though - he just said i needed a fill and then i would start loosing again - then we hit the snare.

Hope you have hit your sweet spot. Roll on 25th of November.

JanB23,

I've been thinking about you and hoping that everything is OK. Hopefully, you're enjoying your vacation! During the time before my last fill, I wasn't making the best eating choices either. It's easy to slip back into bad habits but I am much better about getting back on track.

What is a "band meal?"

Read on for my fill news...

Aloha, again, everyone!!

It's been eight weeks since surgery and one week since my second fill and I feel wonderful! Since last Tuesday, I've lost 7.2 pounds and have the awesome feeling of being in CONTROL!

My family and I spent last weekend at a hotel on the beach and I was amazed how good I was with eating and exercising. With this last fill, it's so easy...well, at least the eating part is easy. One morning we went to a breakfast buffet and I was totally fine with scrambled eggs, a piece of de-greased bacon (I know, not the best choice), and a little fruit. I didn't even care that I didn't get my money's worth! :thumbup:

During our mini vacation, we walked, walked, walked. The best was our hike up Diamond Head and then a 3 mile walk that evening! It was the most I've exercised since surgery!!

Here's a hint...one thing that really helps when we go out to dinner is that I carry a little insulated bag in my car with one cup lidded containers, a mini scale, and a 1/4 measuring cup. When we go out, I pack the leftovers in the containers right away. It really makes eating out and packing lunch the next day much easier.

I hope you are all well. I'm looking forward to your updates!!

Aloha!

Band meals are frozen meals especially designed for people who have a band. They are about 200 - 240 calories a serve and are designed to be easy to digest. They have all sorts of things, Pasta, curry, asian, shepards pie. On pre op i had 2 shakes and a meal and still have some in the freezer. Theyare great to take to work when i am running late or cant be bothered preparing something.

Holiday is going well. Buying lots of clothes - but none for me - i will wait. Eating a bit too much i think - scales will tell when we get home - but walking heaps and going to the gym at the apartments where we are staying. Hope all is well with everyone.