Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Aug 27 and looking for Breakfast ideas doc told me I could have solid foods

I always try to keep it simple. Fiber one Cereal or 2 scrambled eggs with cheese melted in. sometimes I will have 1 slice of toast with my eggs. Usually after my fills, I will have a yogourt and a protien shake.< /p>

My favorite "breakfast" is to fry up a small amount of diced onions, green peppers and mushrooms with Pam. Then scramble an egg, add the veggies and some havarti (jalepeno havarti or garlic havarti, even better!) at the end. Absolutely delicious! I say "breakfast" because I usually have it for dinner. And now that I bring it up, it sounds great for TONIGHT'S dinner!

i'd say anything that tickles your fancy :lol:. how about oatmeal, cream of wheat, scrambled eggs, mini frittitas, omelet, bowl of cereal, yogurt with granola and fruit, Protein drink or bar, cottage cheese and fruit, boiled eggs, anything that sounds good to you and you don't have a problem eating. most people can't eat in the morning so they have the Protein Drink and have a snack about mid morning. go take a look over at the food and nutrition forum- lots of good recipes. also do a search on google or yahoo.

here is one i found on here:

Per Serving: 96 Calories; 3g Fat; 14g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 588mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean meat.

Egg Muffins (makes 12)

3 3/4 cup Egg Beaters if using silicone muffin pans. If using regular muffin tins with paper liners use 3 cups egg beaters.

1-2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (or salt can be used)

1 cup grated low fat cheese (I like sharp cheddar or a blend of cheddar/Jack cheese)

1 cup diced Canadian bacon, lean ham, or crumbled cooked turkey sausage

Optional, but highly recommended, 3 green onions diced small.

Optional: chopped veggies such as blanched broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, etc.

Preheat oven to 375 F. Use regular or silicone muffin pan, 12 muffin size. If using silicone pan, spray with nonstick spray. If using regular muffin pan, put two paper liners into each slot, then spray liner with nonstick spray.

In the bottom of the muffin cups layer diced meat, if using, vegetables, if using, cheese and green onions. You want the muffin cups to be about 2/3 full at this point, with just enough room to pour a little Egg Beaters around the other ingredients. Pour Egg Beaters into large measuring bowl with pour spout, add Spike (or salt), and beat well. Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is 3/4 full. Stir each muffin slightly with a fork. Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.

Muffins will keep at least a week in the refrigerator without freezing. Egg muffins can be frozen and reheated. For best results, thaw in refrigerator before reheating. Microwave on high about 2 minutes to reheat.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/breakfast-ideas-117409/#post1493260

Lap Band Recipes

If you're too tight in the morning to eat.. and this is a problem for you.. try drinking a cup of coffee or tea, then try to eat.

I know of one bariatric nurse who is very successful and banded over 10 years and breakfast is the one time she says she breaks the rules and drinks with her meals.

Steelcut oatmeal is better for us than regular or instant oatmeal. It can be made overnight in the oven or crockpot.. google for recipes.

Another easy breakfast is hungrygirls egg in a mug. She uses eggbeaters in her recipes.. I find that 1 whole egg plus 1/4 cup egg white (or separate one egg and discard the yolk) is about the same volume and works well. HungryGirl.com

Lots of folks will only use eggbeaters or eggwhites because they don't want the cholesterol. My numbers are excellent as to HDL & LDL and I want the Omega3's in the eggs I use (eggland's best).

If I'm in a huge hurry, I drink Muscle Milk LIGHT in the rtd boxes (vanilla or strawberry.. chocolate tastes nasty) or make a Syntrax nectar Fuzzy Navel drink.

One other breakfast I like is Dannon plain greek yogurt (5.3oz cup) with 1/4 cup Bob's red Mill Muesli and 1/8 cup blueberries. The Muesli is a little high in carbs, but I only eat this when I have intense workouts planned ( I workout most mornings).

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Melissannde
additional info

You all are so fortunate! My Breakfast is usually a Protein drink which is fine since I'm not much of a breakfast person, but sometimes I would love to have some eggs and toast. :lol:

I'm so tight in the mornings that I have to be careful when drinking my tea or I end up taking too big of a gulp and then standing over the sink to let it come gushing back out! It usually takes me 30 minutes to drink my hot tea and when I'm done I have to wait another 30 minutes before I can drink my Protein Drink because I feel too full.