Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel so stupid asking this question, but Ive only been banded for 2 weeks lost 8 lbs and i am happy about that,BUT does this sound normal, slow, or what....

Ive been told a few times that before your first fill you should not have restriction and concidering every day is getting easier to eat (although I had my very fist pb today due to what think was not chewing good enough and eating too fast)i think that must be true.

i just have been stuck for like 4 days with the same weight, please tell me im tripp'n!! =) I mean I dont expect to have lost 30 lbs in the first 2 weeks, but i need someone to tell me that this is normal, did all you experianced bandsters feel this way?

Shouldn't you still be on liquids? I have read of some varying diets prescribed by the different doctors, but most people are still on at least full liquids at this point, right?? But I won't be banded until the 22nd, so what do I know. I DO know that PBing is so not good at all, let alone after two weeks when you stomach is still healing! Take care of yourself....Kim

Hi kim, you will see that every doctor is different, my doctors orders were liquids for one week, and very soft food for 2-3 weeks, then moving on to regular food there after. As far as the PBing goes, i have read where people not only PB but also flat out Vomit the first few days, so concidering ive pb'd one time since being banded, im proud of that

:-) But Thanks!!

Guest SAMPECKINPAH

I don't know if there is such a thing as normal when it comes to losing weight. Everyone is different. I was banded one week ago and I have lost 15 lbs so far. So far, I have had absolutely no appetite since the surgery and have had to force myself to get Optifast down (I am still on the liquid phase and will be for one more week) just so I have some Protein.< /p>

Okay, you were on liquids, so you colon held nothing. Liquid in, liquid out. Now you've moved to soft foods, but foods nonetheless. And you colon is easily capable of holding more than 4 pounds of food.

Also, this time is not for losing weight, but for healing. :)

Holy cow, you've been "have been stuck for like 4 days with the same weight"? If you're expecting to see a drop every single time you step on the scale, this is going to be a VERY LONG journey for you. RELAX!!!

Sigh. Remember? This is not an overnight cure, it's a process and will take time. You will slow down before you speed up, and then you will slow down again. Don't overanalyze every ounce, and don't weigh yourself if all it does is cause stress.

hah ok thanks people, I knew I could count on you all to set me in my place, see I feel all better, THis was the response i was hoping for, see i new i was just freak'n out for nothing, i told my husband that i do need to just toss the scale OUT!!! Like I said i was told that this is healing time and not weight loss time but its still in the back of your head, like oh my God is something wrong!! Thanks again!!