Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters!

I am getting banded on Friday, September 30th. Can't wait to join you all in bandster land!

I was banded Sept 2! I have lost 23 pds so far, but I think a lot of this is due to the fact that my Dr put Fluid in my band during surgery..anxious for my first fill next week! Good luck guys!:smile:

Hi, I was banded on the 9th, and this is my first time on this site. Im a little discouraged because initally I felt pretty full, but now I feel like I can eat way more than I am supposed to be able to eat. My first fill is not scheduled until Oct 21 and Im terrified I wont lose any weight lol

Hello all!

Banded 9/20

I week ao today! I haven't weighed myself yet, my follow up is tomorrow. I do have port pain neer my larger incision, and I had the worst shoulder pain ever yesterday, and I thought too it was from picking up my 1yr old and I wasn't suspose to!

I slipped on my liquids....I ate mushy Pasta yesterday and felt very restricted, but I was going :drool:INSANE not being able to chew :smile: Cant seem to get my Protein shakes down only because I hate the taste.

Any ideas for liquids that are satisfying?

Thanks!

Hello everyone! I was banded on September 23rd. I was doing great, but today I am really sick to my stomach, and I have a TON of acid on my stomach. So, have any of you felt this? I can't even drink enough, and so I am not using the bathroom but once a day. Yes, that is AWFUL! But the acid is painful! I called my nurse today, and she told me to suck on a saltine and see if that helped. Well, it HURT! So, any ideas??

I found my ticker!

weight.png

I was banded on the 3rd and feel great. although some days are easier than others. i on regular food now and so far so good. it really is true that you do start to feel full immediately.

Hello My Name Is Gabbi And I was Banded On The 13th! I Have Lost A Lil Over 25lbs:)

Hi Susan

I too was banded on the 23rd and yesterday was def not a good day for me too! I have so much gas pain.... and I can't decide if I should sip more Water, or less, or have the broth, or not...... I don't know! It hurts!

Hello everyone! I was banded on September 23rd. I was doing great, but today I am really sick to my stomach, and I have a TON of acid on my stomach. So, have any of you felt this? I can't even drink enough, and so I am not using the bathroom but once a day. Yes, that is AWFUL! But the acid is painful! I called my nurse today, and she told me to suck on a saltine and see if that helped. Well, it HURT! So, any ideas??

Hi Susan

I too was banded on the 23rd and yesterday was def not a good day for me too! I have so much gas pain.... and I can't decide if I should sip more Water, or less, or have the broth, or not...... I don't know! It hurts!

I was banded on the 3rd and I do remember those gas pains in the shoulder. They do eventually go away after a couple of days. I tried to massage the pain and that usually helped along with taking the pain meds. Some have taken gas-x to help relieve the pain.

Hey everyone! I was banded on the 23rd also. Today is my first day back at work after HORRIBLE :smile: gas pains in my shoulders and neck. I still have a little pain, but it is definitely not as bad. I hit the scale for the first time this morning and have lost 13 lbs. since Thursday. This makes for a total of 31 lbs since I started my pre-op diet. :) I was so worried, since I have PCOS, that I wouldn't lose weight. This loss is really reassuring me.

Hope everyone is recouperating well!!! Good luck soon-to-be bandsters!!!:thumbup:

Hello everyone,

I was banded on the 13th, got thru the liquid stage and am really enjoying the mushies! I like that kind of texture so i am lucky. Glad to share my experiences and hear all of yours! I think i overate my mashed potatoes last night, but it was my first day of having actual food in my mouth and i probably got too excited!

Good luck all!

Talk about not thinking! I am now able to eat soft foods and tilapia is on the list. Well, we were out last night and I ordered the cajun lime tilapia. Needless to say, when you can't drink when you eat the cajun was not the way to go! Ha, live and learn I guess... I will be much more careful from now on : )

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on the 21st so I am officially one week post op. Surgery was a breeze for me and I've had absolutely no pain at all. The gas was obnoxious for a couple days but nothing I couldn't live with. I was so nervous about pain post op so I'm thrilled it went so smoothly.

I'm also 16 lbs down from the morning of surgery so things keep getting better and better. With that said, I'm really looking forward to the mushy phase. I have one more week of liquids. :smile2:

I hope everyone is having a great day and wish you all a speedy recovery!

Hi! I was banded on the 13th. Did 1 week of liquids pre-op, 1 week of liquids post-op, and I am now on week 2 of soft foods. Except for feeling pretty horrible for the first week and a half, everything is great now. My shoulder pain was excruciating (I also had a small hiatal hernia repaired at the same time). I have lost about 20lbs since I started my liquids and had my husband hide the scale about 2 days ago because I started getting obsessive (weighing multiple times a day). Plus it's my TOM, so I didn't want to even bother. I lost about 20lbs before liquids and I was 200.6 last time I checked (I started at 240.4). I am REALLY hoping to be in onederland next time I weigh myself. Haven't seen a number close to it in a LONG time!

Except for being careful to not gulp my beverages (which makes me belch and I get a bit of a pain on the left side of my chest), everything is a-OK. I'm still getting used to the not drinking and eating thing, but my surgeon allows me to drink up until the first bite and then no more liquids for an hour, so it isn't that bad. My appetite has certainly returned and I am looking forward to my first fill which will be in 2 weeks.

I have 2 TINY incisions and then my navel incision (I had what is called single-incision laparoscopic surgery...even though there is more than 1 incision). I chose this for cosmetic reasons...I would like to be able to wear a bikini someday (feels like just a dream lol). My port is inserted behind my navel and the other two incisions were for the liver retractor and the light source. I just got the OK to put Mederma scar gel on the small ones..waiting a couple more days for the navel one as it is taking a bit longer to heal.

Nice to "meet" you all!