Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week Post Op & not HUNGRY ...

Hello, I just finished my first week post op and have lost 17 lbs. I am now on phase 2 (puree) and am having trouble eating, not because it wont go down..but because i dont feel hungry. Has that happened to any of you? :thumbup:

Yea, my gas was so bad I didn't get hungry or want to eat until like week 3 and then it still wasn't a real strong hunger but I would fill hunger pains maybe every blue moon. I actually enjoyed not being hungry for ONCE in my life!

Enjoy it while it lasts cause it won't be too much longer. I am now 11 days out from post op and hungry way more then I want to be. And it's not just head hungry it's 2am stomach growling and your not falling back to sleep if you don't eat hungry. I hate it.

I was the same way, I didn't start getting hunger pains till almost week 3. But you have to make sure you are getting Protein and staying hydrated.

Hello, I just finished my first week post op and have lost 17 lbs. I am now on phase 2 (puree) and am having trouble eating, not because it wont go down..but because i dont feel hungry. Has that happened to any of you? :rolleyes2:

--------------------------------------

ok well then I guess this is common...???... I started getting the hunger pains since day 2!~ and like an elevator pressure that kept going up and down every now and then. Do you guys know what im talking about?

I can totally relate to that feeling! That is gas :rolleyes2: I didn't recognize that it was gas....at first...I thought the word gas was reserved for the lower stomach area. I soon discovered that everytime I drank Water, air would immeadiatley come up. It went away after about 7 days :thumbdown:

Good luck!

Yes, this is happening to me too!!

--I learn something new about this band every day!

I haven't really felt "hunger" since the clear liquid day before surgery. I get to have fish and more solid food for the first time on Saturday. I've been pretty religious about getting in my 70 grams of Protein a day - mostly through Protein smoothies, cottage cheese, milk and eggs.

I have also had the gas pain - that feeling like your stomach is full of air and you need to burp but you cannot. Its miserable. I thought I had eaten to much night before last (had mashed potatoes, they were yummy) but really I just had lots of air in there. I believe I read somewhere that the band acts as a one way valve. Hiccups and burps hurt!!

The gas issue has gotten better over time though - I'm feeling more like myself. Gas-X really hasn't helped :smile2:

I got banded in October, 20th and have never felt hungry. That does not mean I don`t eat too much at times, on the contrary but I still have to make myself eat regular meals. I can go a whole day without eating if I choose to do so. Something in me changed with the band.