Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only non-losing Loser!

Am I the only non-losing loser? I am almost 6 weeks out with no fill. I only had some restriction for 2-3 days after surgery! I have been on my own, since that. I lost 5 lbs on the post Fluid diet and have been teetering up and down that 5 lbs since.

I see people loosing left and right, but no body with the minimal 5lb loss. I feel like a complete loser and one who will never be able to lose weight even after being banded.

I am not sure if its because of my lower starting bmi (35) or no fills? I am starving and will get a fill next monday, my dr wont fill more often than every 6 weeks, to prevent slipping.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Please share your inspirational stories if so. Thanks

I am 5 1/2 months out.

I lost initially (due to only having liquids I"m sure) and practically nothing since. I lost 16 lbs in 2 weeks right after a fill, and I could keep nothing down, so they took it out. Now I'm hungry every 2-3 hours no matter how much Protein I have.

It's not just you. Give it time. I'm trying to be patient. Surround yourself with positive, encouraging, influencial people.

Good luck!

No, you're not. Let me just start out by saying that I like the old band better. I had to have it redone because of a slip but the new band surgery was on March10th this year and I can eat anything i want and how much I want just like I could before the lap band. When I will go get a fill, the nurse practioner will say that i should be filling some sort of restriction but nothing! I guess i need to call the dr and find out what's going on. I've gained back 15lbs and I'm not happy.

fill fill fill...tools don't work unless you use them.

You are not alone. I have been at the same weight for about a month now and am totally frustrated. My highest weight was 209 and surgery day weight was 200. I lost 10lbs in the first week or so after the band. I gained a few back after I started the mushie stage and have been fighting just to keep these last few off daily. I feel that I can eat however much that I want or whatever I want. I have zero restriction. I go for my second fill in the morning and hope that I can get more than .5cc this time. I try really hard to exercise 3-5 days a week and eat healthy meals but it's hard keep at it when the scale isn't moving. Good luck and skinny wishes to everyone!

I started at 205 with a 31 BMI and I am already down to 186 and counting. I did not diet before the surgery. I lost about 10 pounds in the first 2 1/2 weeks. Since then I have lost almost another 10 in 2 weeks. I have been working very hard, counting calories, not eating carbs, and trying to follow doctor's orders the best I can. I am also doing a boot camp 3 times a week.

I do not think I can eat anything I want because I don't eat anything I want. I am eating what my doctor has told me to eat and it is working. The band does not do all of the work. You need to get good habits so you do not stretch out your somach. If you can't follow the diet now a fill will not work for you later since you are not controling your intake of foods and excersizing as needed. If you were you would be losing more weight.

I went for my fill yesterday and was given 1cc. YAY! I spoke to the pa and she told me that what I was going thru is normal which did put me at ease. Just because I feel that I can eat whatever and how much ever I want doesn't mean that I do. Everyone's body doesn't work the same and what may work for one person doesn't always work for another. Losing 1-2 pounds per week is what is normal for most. If you can lose more than that, then hey that's great but it's not going to work that way for every body. Once you get to a good level of restriction you will not be able to eat as much and not feel nearly as hungry for what I have been told. We all got banded to look and feel heathier. Be patient and try to make good choices and exercise and the weight will come off eventually. Good luck!

I think it is very presumptuous of anyone to say "If you can't follow the diet now a fill will not work for you later since you are not controling your intake of foods and excersizing as needed. If you were you would be losing more weight." The OP didn't say enough about her diet to know she was or was not being compliant.

To the OP, I am four weeks post-op and have lost 4 lbs. since being banded. I was discouraged, but then I did the math. TO maintain my current weight I would need to consume 2000 calories. I am currently eating 1200. So that is a deficit of 800 calories a day. You have to cut 3500 calories to lose a pound. So, I should lose 1.6 pounds a week. I am not comfortable going lower on my calorie intake until I get a fill because I will be white-knuckling it and that is just setting myself up to fail. After my first fill I plan to drop to 1100 calories and I won't ever go lower than 1000. When I reach goal (125) I will need to eat 1350 a day. If I train myself to eat too much less than that I will only have to relearn how to eat again when I hit goal. So, unless I am willing to starve myself, the math says I will be losing 1-2 lbs a week. You can, of course, burn extra calories with exercise if you want to move things along faster. Also, I think some of the people posting huge losses are losing a lot of Water weight, and are generally larger than 35-40 BMI. Both things matter when looking for loss on the scale.

I appreciate your responses and the support of most of you. Those who are condeming in their response, seem to have forgotten where their coming from. If it were only that easy to "follow" doctors orders, you wouldnt have needed banding in the first place, just like the rest of us. Its not like we dont know pre and post band what is necessary to lose weight, or we would all be skinny already. Just dont forget, when you condem others, it will usually come right back to you. Although we are all responsible for our eating behaviors, this is a place of support, not judgment. Good luck to all.

Hi,

If u don't mind, can you please list what u are eating for b/f, lunch and dinner and if any Snacks..I am trying to get some ideas....Thanks....

Hi,

If u don't mind, can you please list what u are eating for b/f, lunch and dinner and if any Snacks..I am trying to get some ideas....Thanks....