Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sometime eat a little, sometimes eat alot

Am I the only one that can sometimes eat a little but sometimes alot? I feel really tight - I usually can't even eat in the morning. But sometimes I can eat like 5 ounces of chicken and sometimes only 3. Yesterday night I had barely any dinner and tonight I ate a whole cup of Pasta and sauce. I know I should be eating stuff like meat but I didn't want to eat meat tonight after PBing on chicken last night. Anyways, is it normal to be able to eat a whole cup of pasta - this is the most I've been able to eat since my last fill and I am so worried about slippage since I have never PB'd before and have now PB'd 4 times in 10 days! How do you people live without worrying about your band everytime you eat!??!?! Will I ever be able to forget I have a band?

I have huge fluctuations in the amount I can eat. From what I can tell, this is what affects my restricton:

-If I eat a lot late at night, I am always tighter in the morning. I loosen up as the day goes on.

-A few weeks ago I was on my period and I was so restricted I thought I was going to go insane. I was practically PB'ing on Protein shakes...

-Sometimes (and I have to admit, I really enjoy this) I open up wide and can eat a "real" meal. Not a binging meal, but a full cup of food. It feels great in the moment, but I'm glad it doesn't happen often because I'm usually up a pound the next day, lol.

I'm almost 5 months into this adventure, and I admit I haven't figured out the restriction thing. Some days I think I need to get an unfill, and then I have one of those rare times when I can eat a lot and thing I'd better get a fill. All the research in the world can't prepare you for how persnickety the band can be. :)

As far as your PB's go, make sure to eat liquids for the rest of the day (and even the following day after a really bad one). You could be repeatedly PB'ing because you aren't giving your stomach a rest. It can be a vicious cycle.

I am VERY much like that. Some days are much tighter than others for me, too. I have noticed that if I don't eat a very light dinner, I am way too tight the next morning. I do better with eating a little Breakfast, larger lunch, light dinner - so I don't swell, causing me to be too tight in the morning.

If I eat a big dinner I can pretty much forget eating much the next day, getting into that kind of cycle - Day 1/fine Day 2/hard time Day 3/fine....

Good luck in finding what works for you!

Im the same, sometimes I have trouble getting a few bites in and then the next day I can eat so much more, probably more than a cup. I get the lite ravioli and I have that a couple of times a week. I think I have pretty good restriction and I eat a cup of it. I think if you can eat a cup or so you have good restriction. I mean if you were wolfing down a couple of cups easily and hungry not long after .... but the cup I have fills me for hrs. I wouldnt want to eat much less than I do now, I spose if I did Id lose a bit faster but oh well...:)

I aslo have the same problem. It seems at night I can eat anything I want. I have never bp. Somethimes I think that I push myself just to see if I do. I go to see my surgeon again dec 21. I saw him two weeks ago and adjusted my band for the second time a 1.8 cc in a 4cc band. However, he said that should be the last fill that I would need. He finds this is the best fill. I feel exactly the same as I did with zero saline in my band as I do now. I do feel a slight restriction in the morning. I try to drink the Water. I exerscie 3-4 days a week. I do eat more carbs than I should (which got me in this trouble in the first place). I do get my Protein in. I was wondering if anybody has more cc in a 4cc band than 1.8? Also if it ever worked? I amost feel I am dieting with will power more than band power. I have lost weight. 25 pounds on pre-op liquid diet and 45 pounds since banding aug 22 2005. I just feel frustrated at times. I guess I thought I would have restriction by now.

I don't have any fills (yet) and I do the same. But it depends on what I'm eating. chicken takes longer to chew so I eat less where as M&M's..... well you get the picture.

I also have times when I have alot of restriction, then it feels like I need a fill. I have 2.6cc in my 4cc band. I am hoping this fill will be my sweet spot. Weight loss is still doing fine.

I was wondering if anybody has more cc in a 4cc band than 1.8?

I'm at exactly 1.8cc as well, and I don't feel as restricted as I should. I can eat WAY more than a cup of food, even when it's that time of the month. Sometimes *sometimes* I can eat as much at one meal as I could pre-banded. For the most part, though, I stop either when I feel satisfied, or I get that tiny burp. Then I usually burp 2 or 3 more times after that.

My first experience of this this morning. I cant get much down at all, I woke up feeling shaky and weak, I definitely needed some calories. Stupid stupid stupid me wasted my space with a cup of coffee and now can only drink 1/4 of my egg flip, when I desperately need some energy.

What was I saying only a week ago about hanging onto my coffee habit for grim life? I'm realising very fast that it's a waste of space.

Yesterday I definitely had a larger intake of nutritional fluids over clear, perhaps I went a little overboard, perhaps I'm going to be tight in the mornings, who knows?