Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbee...considering the band

Hi! I just had my surgery yesterday, I am so excited to be on this journey. I was able to take weight off quickly with low carb but as soon as I ate ANY carbs it was right back on plus more, until it got to this point...my process moved VERY fast. I attended the seminar on Oct 16 and had surgery Sept 22. They submitted my paperwork to BC BS and within 2 days I had approval! It moved so fast it was almost scary. My co pays were very limited ($5 for lab $10 for xray $20 for psych $30 for an EGD and $10 for my PCP visit) My PCP was a little apprehensive but when I laid it out to him that I was not here for his personal opinion but for a medical release for surgery he realized that I was doing what I felt was best and now has been wonderful.

My best friend is going through the process now and will be banded hopefully next month. It really came down to doing what I needed to do for myself, I wish you the absolute best in your decision.

If there were other tools that worked this well then I would have maybe reconsidered, I do not regret it even the day after. Had a tough night last night but I did not take any pain meds, I took some today, have been out walking and am feeling pretty good. Pre-op diet for me was 10 days, I followed it very strictly and lost 13 pounds in those 10 days. I know I can do this - I have to do this. I not only want to be around for my family I want to be an active part of their life. Can't wait to play with my son and not have sore knees from walking or playing. My husband and three kids are very supportive and that is the most important because it is not just changes for me it is for them too.

I wish you the best this board has a TON of great insight..I was on it for months before going to a seminar, it gave me the encouragement I needed to move forward and to not be embarrassed with my decision. Good luck!!

:) I can't beleive they approved you THAT FAST! That is awesome! I also have BCBS and am hopeful that it wont be a huge hassle to get approved...at the same time I have to come up with my entire deductible plus a bariatric surgeru access fee so I have to save some money. :lol2: I have heard so many people say that it can take up to a year to get approved.

I am happy for you that you got going so quickly. :tt1: Thanks for sharing that! :tt1: Good luck to you in your continued efforts. :):biggrin:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches