Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st fill 2days ago-still hungry-eating same volume

I had my first fill 2 days ago, and while I certainly have to pay more attention to eating smaller bites to keep from getting "clogged", I can still eat the same volume of food as before the fill. And I am still quite hungry.

Anyone else have this experience?

I also felt no change after my first fill either. Get in as soon as you can for your next one! My Dr. likes 2 weeks between fills.

I also felt no change after my first fill either. Get in as soon as you can for your next one! My Dr. likes 2 weeks between fills.

How many fills have you had?

It is not uncommon to need more than 2 fills before feeling restriction.

I was on my 3rd before I felt anything.

Keep following band rules and getting fills on schedule...restriction will come.

This is my first fill. I lost almost a pound a day after surgery but have been stagnant for the past 2 weeks, so I guess I am just antsy!

Still following dietary rules and bumped up exercise to 2 miles a day walking.

Being a newbie makes for a lot research. Any suggestions for someone 1 month out?

Thanks so much for the help everyone!!! Good luck!!!

Well I too hit a plateau for two weeks at just about the same time as you.....I decided to low carb it,when I eat meat it just seems to satisfy me for many more hours than if I did not.

I did feel a little restriction after my first fill of 2 cc's in a 10cc band. I have two weeks till my next fill ( I can't wait) and I expect to eat much less and have it last even longer.

Be patient, you will wake up here in the next few days and bam you will be down a couple of pounds.:thumbup:

~Kelly~:thumbup:

I had 4.2cc's in my band at surgery. My first fill was .8 to bring me to 5cc and my second was another 1cc. Everyone is different though. 10% don't even need a fill!

Thanks everyone!

good Luck...How was your first fill? I am going next week for my first one and am a little nervous. I'm four weeks out of surgery down 15 pounds and definitely starting to need more food to feel full..so I am looking forward to it. How much have you lost so far?

I am in the same boat! I haven't lost anything in the last two weeks and it is very frustrating. I am raising my protien to see if that will help. Next fill is at the end of October...I hope the 2nd one makes difference.:)

This is my first fill. I lost almost a pound a day after surgery but have been stagnant for the past 2 weeks, so I guess I am just antsy!

Still following dietary rules and bumped up exercise to 2 miles a day walking.

Being a newbie makes for a lot research. Any suggestions for someone 1 month out?

Thanks so much for the help everyone!!! Good luck!!!

I finally went to a local doc for a fill because my surgeon's office was just too far so I never went! She said 5cc in a 10cc band is like not having a band for most people and I was lucky to plateau instead of gain it all back. She gave me 1.7ccs! She fills you WHILE you are chugging Water and when you stop because it cant go down, that's how she says she knows its right!

So now I am nearly 7cc in the 10cc band and life is awesome...some trouble with solids in the morning (no big, I need the Protein Drink anyway because a am a veg) and the rest of the day TINY meals which must be chewed to baby food! Nearly no hunger at all!!

Why didnt I do this many months ago??