Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:thumbdown:I am on day 8 of my pre-op diet which consists of 5 Opti-Fast shakes per day. I can have sugar free Jello and popsicles. I can also have any zero calorie no carb drinks. I am only allowed 1 bouillon a day if i feel lightheaded or sick. Days 2 and 3 of the diet consisted of horrible headaches and sever weakness. I am drinking plenty of Water. It seems as though the hunger is gettign worse though. Any suggestions or comments? I have 7 days until surgery and food IS NOT AN OPTION.:wub:

i started adding ice to my Protein Shakes today and so far so good. they seem to be thicker and more filling. I'm on day 4 of my pre op diet and its been a struggle to no end. I've even considered cancelling my surgery because I want to eat some food. I know fully understand why they call this a a journey because it truely is. Just hold on to the fact that in a few days you will be on your new life round 2. :wub:

Hi mrsmontero12607.

I am on a very similar diet to yours but I am on Day 14 of a 14 day pre op diet [surgery is tomorrow, 9/17]. I chose CIB shakes but your shakes were also an option for me and I don't think there is a significant difference between the 2 choices.

I also was hungry all the time on CIB shakes only. Similar to ebrese824, I like to add ice and shake it up in my tupperware tumbler to give it more bulk. Doing that seems to make it seem fuller. However, I still found I needed something else to get me completely over the hunger. I found that by eating a small portion of allowed veggies [we are allowed up to 2 cups of certain low cal veggies, like carrots, celery, tomatoes, onion] either raw or added to the broth did the trick for me in the afternoon. I ate fewer than the maximum portion with the broth and still found it satisfied me. In particular, I found the mid afternoon or early evening period to be a real killer. This definitely helped me and became a staple that I looked forward to each day [can you imagine looking forward to veggies?!].:eek6: BTW, using HerbOx for 8-oz chicken broth is only has 5 calories so it is not fattening at all.

I also like eating the sugar free Jello and sugar fee ice pops but I did not find they satisfied my hunger like the broth/veggies. However, they were important in providing good tasting treats that I could look forward to.

After about a week on the diet (I've now been on this liquid diet almost 2 weeks) I seem to not be as hungry all the time. I'm not sure if it was the changes I made [adding broth with a small amount of veggies in the late afternoon/early evening each day] or the adjustment to the diet.

I hope this is helpful. One good thing with this diet: you will notice a definite weight loss if you keep with the diet. I lost more than 5 lbs over 2 weeks, which is a lot for me! My metabolism is SLOW and I usually lose weight, even with drastic diets, at a slower pace.

Keep up your positive attitude. :wub: Time will pass and this phase will be over soon! Good luck with your surgery and your pre op diet!:alien:

Edited by maxi2010
grammatical errors