Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I promise that SOON I will start posting happy threads about success! I feel like debbi downer...but I am only 6 days out :wub:

Ok...so when I breathe in I get this pressure (not really pain) under my left chest area. Is this normal? Does it go away?

Hiccuping, burping, and yawning are so so scary for me. It does "hurt" and I can feel major pressure on the area where I assume my band is.

Any advice would be so helpful!

Thank you :alien:

Sarah

Yes!! all normal..I had it REALLY bad the first week....it will pass just keep taking gas x, walking and sipping slowly..my dr. told me to even take a couple minutes between sips..even though I thought that was crazy it worked. Hang in there.

This sounds like what I experienced and so did a friend that had her band 3 days after mine. It lasted about 8 or 10 days and would sometimes come back when I ate, but is gone now. Certain things will cause gas/belching now that didn't used to bother me, but, I have found if I walk around that seems to help. Hope this helps. Congrats on your band! hope all goes well. God Bless:smile::thumbup:

I have this same discomfort - and I've taken so much Gas-X that I'm not sure its working. I haven't had the typical shoulder pain people complain about after surgery - but the diphragmatic pain/pressure is pretty intense.

I think I read in my little booklet that the band acts as a one way valve - which makes it harder to burp and get anything up.... yuck.

Hmm...so 5 or so more days of this and I'll be back to normal?? Good to know.

I'm also finding that I have absolutely NO appetite...did you all experience this as well??

sounds like I am right where I should be.. still uncomfortable, scraed to take much of anything and when I do it feels like it dosnt go down for hours. At times I get more of a back pain with this. I am also finding posioning difficult. Definately not comfortable if I take a few bites of yogurt then lay back to watch a little tv. Feel like I need to stay straight up and down

It is normal. I was banded sept 07/10 and I still have the pain. It is fading away but it was impossible to breath normal. I had to take shallow breaths and hold my stomach if I needed to belch. I am still sleeping in an elevated position but no longer straight up. It does get better. I was getting pain towards the left just under my rib. Now it is mild but when I eat it comes back for a a couple hours. So yes it is normal and it will go away with time.

walking is the best thing, to get rid of those terrible gases....check it out....you'll notice the difference and you will feel great!!:thumbup: