Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

woohoo! It is officially November (or at least on the east coast, but that's a minor detail). My surgery is on the 10th and its getting closer and closer.

My resolve did slip today, but I was proud of the decisions I did make. I decided because it was Halloween I would allow myself a treat. Instead of gorging on candy as I normally would, I has 2 fun size snickers, and a Reeses cup. I also had a mixed greens salad (which of course isnt liquid) but I figured if I were going to go for something "off" my diet, it could at least be healthy. I have 6lbs to lose by the 10th, and I feel I can be successful.

Good luck to all of you who have your surgery this week. Next week I know I'll be getting the same well wishes from you.

I am on the 8th also!! Good Luck!!!:thumbup:

I'm the 8th as well!

Good luck to everyone whose date is this week. We're looking forward to your post-surgery posts!

I am so so excited the doctor called today and my surgery will be November 15th!!!! I can't wait to get started with my new life!:thumbup:

Here's hoping that everyone who had surgery today is well on their way to recovering!!

You all are in my thoughts and I can't wait for it to be my day!!

I just got over here yesterday and am thrilled to find great support and so much information!

My date is set for November 11. I actually could have done it sooner, but being a teacher, it was better for me to do it during a holiday weekend so I don't have to use up another sick day.

Anyway, if anyone else out there is scheduled for November, please come join here!! Let's do this journey together!:thumbup:

Hello, I am a female bander for November 22nd. Scared but elated to finally do this and get the weight problem under control. I have to lose 120 pounds. I live in Chicago. I am taking off Thanksgiving week. Tell me more about you.

This will be some journey....

Topazz, I wish I could have saltines, not particularly fond of them but darn they sound like a gourmet meal after 6 days on this pre-op. I am sooooo...ready to get to the other side of surgery.

Sure wish I could have Saltines. Sounds like heaven. I start on November 8th for two weeks of Protein Shakes and then get banded on November 22nd. I'm nervous but thrilled to get this done. Let me hear from you.:thumbup:

would someone please tell me why there is a donut banner ad above this post? It's an ad from Google that says Chicago 1 day deals and it shows a frosted donut. Not very nice to banders are they?

would someone please tell me why there is a donut banner ad above this post? It's an ad from Google that says Chicago 1 day deals and it shows a frosted donut. Not very nice to banders are they?

Ugh!!! Lol, I have political ads. I don't know which is worse!!!

I'm just north of Chicago and being banded (tentatively) the 23rd of November. Looks like we're close!!

HI EVERYONE NOV,3 IS ALMOST HERE AND IM NERVOUS BUT READY! GOOD LUCK TO ALL I WILL POST ON POST OP SITE. GOD BLESS.:thumbup:

Ugh!!! Lol, I have political ads. I don't know which is worse!!!

I'm just north of Chicago and being banded (tentatively) the 23rd of November. Looks like we're close!!

I'm scheduled for November 22nd ... where are you going?

I'm scheduled for November 22nd ... where are you going?

I'll be at Aurora Sinai up in Milwaukee. I was referred to Dr. Chua through my primary care doctor. How about you?

Well, thinking of all of our Nov 1 bandsters!! Hope you are feeling well and wishing you a speedy recovery! Hoping to hear from you soon!!

So, I started my pre-op diet today. It really was not that bad. Here was menu for the day....

Chobani yogurt

8 oz Protein Shake

Healthy Choice chix noodle Soup

16 oz. CIB

Healthy Choice veggie soup

12 oz fat free/sugar free pudding (I'll eat this in about an hour)

I really did not feel very hungry. So for day 1, not so bad. I am proud of myself for sticking to it today!! Hoping I can follow through with it for the next 9 days!!