Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Hi Poppieswife,:thumbup:

So your surgery is scheduled for 11/11 too? It's kind of comforting to know that we're not alone.

I have to do 2 weeks of liquid shakes. No Halloween candy for us. I see you're in Orlando. What hospital are you going to?

Hi, my surgery date is November 1!!! So glad to find this post on here. Hope that everyones surgery goes well and good luck to us all!!:thumbup:

Hi Everyone!!!!

My name is Angie. I just the date of November 16th! I am excited and nervous all in one. I am looking forward to going thru this with all of you! It will help to know that others will be with me.

Little about myself. I am 34 and weigh 250, I am a mom of three girls, 16, 13, and 8. I am married to my husband Robert now for four years. We have been together eight.:thumbup:

I also have BCBS of Western NY. Strange I am sure, as we live in Springfield, OH. My husband's corporate office is in NY so that is the reason for the insurance.

I go see the dr on Monday the 25th for my pre-op visit, and then on the 4th for my pre-testing. Hard to belive but it seems like so much is going on that I won't have time to stop and worry, but I know me! I will find time for that! lol

Look forward to talking to all of you! Sorry I rambled on !

All,

I am a brand-new member and my surgery date is scheduled for November 3, so I would love to continue to be in conversation with you. My surgeon is Dr. Malcolm Robinson, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston. I have my final appointment with Dr. Robinson tomorrow and my appointment with the anesthesiologist is scheduled for Wednesday.

I have been trying to lose weight pre-surgery and have had very little luck doing so -- I am curious to know if others of you have had this experience as well.

At what point do we get moved to a liquid diet in prep for surgery? All advice welcome.

Oh -- I have two children, one 29, one 17, both girls; a wonderful and supportive husband, and two delightful cats!

Deb

I am super excited. I got my FINAL Insurance Authorization yesterday! Now that I know that this is going to actually happen I am getting super nervous. I go for my pre-op on the October 19th, start my pre-op diet October 22nd, and get banded on November 1st. I know that it is going to be life changing. :smile:

I noticed that you are from New Mexico, I was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. I live in Alaska now because my hubby is Army and we have been stationed here over 2 years ago. Well, I am on my journey today, my doctor put me on a simple no/low carb diet everything small portions; veggies, chicken, fish,pork,beef. I am trying a 60 gram Protein Shake this week along with a workout. I am also crossing my fingers I make it this week because I just had a shake and I feel hungry now.

Anyone being banded in Orange County, CA in November? I'm looking for support.

I'm being banded on the 8th at Orange Coast Memorial. How about you?

Deb, welcome aboard! Glad to have you here!! As for the liquid diet for pre-op, it depends on your dr. My doc advises a liquid diet 7 days before the surgery, with the day before surgery being all Clear Liquids. Some ddrs do not even require a liquid diet before surgery. The main purpose for the liquid diet is to lose more weight to reduce fatty tissue on the liver, since it will be moved around during the procedure.

I always have trouble losing weight, hence doing this surgery!! I have managed to lose about 15 lbs in the past 6 months, which is not so great. I just keep yoyo-ing!

Hi Everyone! My surgery is scheduled for Nov 2nd. I have to start my two weeks liquid diet tomorrow :smile:

Hi Poppieswife,:smile:

So your surgery is scheduled for 11/11 too? It's kind of comforting to know that we're not alone.

I have to do 2 weeks of liquid shakes. No Halloween candy for us. I see you're in Orlando. What hospital are you going to?

My date changed again I was the 10th, then the 17th, then 11th well now today I'm back to the 17th. I would have been cool to have someone so close on the same day. I'm having my suregery and Orlando Regional Medial Center (ORMC).

YAY! Thats my surgery date too! I tried getting a thread going a week or so ago and no one responded. I was thinking it was maybe just a little to early. I'm glad we can go through it together! Where do you live? I'm in MN. I have almost everything done, just need to lose 15 pounds, which I am sort of struggling with. I have BCBS and have to get the 6 months of dietican visits in.

Hey Jen,

A fellow Minnesotan here. I live in Plymouth, MN. My surgery date is November 16th. Where in MN are you?

Hi, my surgery date is November 1!!! So glad to find this post on here. Hope that everyones surgery goes well and good luck to us all!!:smile:

Cool! That's my band date too!!! Best of luck in your journey!

John

weight.png

Well, heck. I have to officially withdraw from this thread. I found out today my surgeon has date conflicts, and had to postpone my surgery. I won't be getting my surgery in November after all. So now I'm off to find the December folks.

Congrats, November People! Hope you have a safe and successful surgery!

Dave

Well tomorrow is my last day of "real" foods for awhile, and I start my liquid diet on Wednesday. I scrambled around for the stuff on my diet today, and finding a broth with less than 150mgs of sodium per serving is hard! But it is one of my "umlimited foods" so Ive stocked up. I also got my 2 shakes a day, my cottage cheese, and my sugar free Jello ready. Wish me luck, these 3 weeks are going to be hard, but worth it in the future.

Hey Jen,

A fellow Minnesotan here. I live in Plymouth, MN. My surgery date is November 16th. Where in MN are you?

Hello Minnesota!! I'm in Brooklyn park. Where are you having surgery at?!our dates are close!

Welcome to everyone!

Dave sorry to here your surgery got push back. Hang in there.

Deb, I am from MA. Grew up in Attleboro. Boston is probably one of the best place to have any surgery. Good luck to you fellow New Englander!

So yesterday I swung by the dr office and picked up my 200 page journey to wellness book. In it is everything I need to know pre-op and post-op. I started making notes last night. I was comparing to things I have read by others on these boards. I have 2 weeks liquid only diet, keeping it under 1000 calories.After surgery the first day is clear liquids one medicine cup every hour. Do you know how small a medicine cup is. I looked at it this morning. It is measured in tsp! The second day I can go to all liquids and 2 cups an hour. By the end of my 2nd week I should be up to 4 cups every hour plus 2 cups of Protein for 60g a day.

I also picked up some Protein Powder samples. Want to try my options before committing to a huge tub of it. I have tried the Chike about a month ago and really liked that. Yesterday I tried one from GNC called AMP, but didn't like that. Today is strawberry Unjury. I like and think I could handle it for several weeks. I also picked up the unflavored and will try that in Soups. I have to figure this all out by the 4th when I start my liquid diet.

How is everyone else doing?