Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

True love, bandster style

Okay, as y'all know, my DH was banded a couple of years before I was. He is down to 410 pounds, and has been enjoying that weight for the last few months. This is the smallest I've ever known him.

Also, he has been at least 400 pounds all his adult life, so there has been some issues where he simply not ready to go further with his loss.

Well, last week he got another fill and rededicated himself to losing weight. He did this so that he can better relate to my struggles. I've been slightly anoyed with him for the last several months because he hasn't been trying to lose weight, eating around his band, and generally not working his weight loss. I was anoyed because here I am doing everything under the sun and nothing works.

He doesn't know if he will lose fast or slow, but he wants to support me in my struggle, and the best way he knows how is it start being the best bandster he can.

I know of at least two other bandster couples, any one else?

That's very sweet, Crystal :(

My hubby has toyed with the idea of getting the band. He probably wouldn't qualify though - at 6'0" and 260lbs, his bmi is 35. He's healthy as a horse and has no co-morbidities. His doctor is amazed at how healthy he is lol. He's also a bread addict, with fresh baked bread bringing him much joy, so he'd be miserable with the band.

I think its very cool though, that some couples get to go through this all together. If for no other reason than because they have someone they love that understands what they're going through.

VQ that's a real love story. Thanks for sharing.

PS

Theresa, your DH sounds like mine, the least he knows the better he likes it, although, he likes the results.

Vines!

I thinks it wonderful that you and your husband are a weight loss team! I am still single soooooo we shall see, I do like this guy who also had lapband but i have only seen him @ the surgeons office once in the last 6 months, I am still too shy to approach him! Anyways, Keep UP the great work!!

Kristen

Congrats to him and you both! I wish him and you all of the success in the world with your bands. How awesome that you can support each other in your continued success.

Kudos to you both!

What a great DH Vines. It must be such a huge support to you too kow that he is behind you & helping you along your journey & that you are helping hime along his journey. Probably two totally different roads are taken but ultimatley the same destination. You'll be stronger togther because of your support. Thats such a great thing to have!!

congrats , it must be great to have someone who knows what your going through.

My husband has talked about getting banded after we see how i do. Sometimes he totally DOES NOT get what its like and the ups and downs that go with it. I'd love for him to go through it so he could see what its like and i can say HAHA TOLD YA SO!

Vines,

Ive read that Frank and Debbie are another banded couple. Other then you 2, I dont think Ive read about any others.

What an awesome adventure to share together!

The most that me and Mike have in commen are our 3 animals. How interesting is that?