Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing weight without a fill.

My doctor has told me that my case is very rare, but I'm just curious if anyone out there has reached their target goal without having a fill. I'm 6 months post op and have lost 100 lbs so far and have not had a fill yet. Each time I go in and expect to get one, but the doc keeps telling me that as long as I'm losing weight, I don't need a fill. I was concerned about losing too fast, but he looked me in the eye and told me "You know how many would want to be in your position?"

I'm happy with my success, but still concerned that I'm losing too fast. :thumbup:

Finally yet another... I found one other person on here who had one fill and reached goal.

I'm 7 weeks out, have lost 55.5lbs & my surgeon says so far i'm the most successful at this stage of any of his patients.

I say, appreciate it & congrats on your amazing loss !!!

Rach xxxx:tongue_smilie:

SO far I have lost 12 pounds post surgery. I have my 2 week check up tomorrow. I hope I can keep up. I have been walking 2 miles everyday and I cannot wait to get in to the gym to begin strength training. I could not be happier! Good luck to all!

You are extremely lucky. I have heard of other instances but they are very rare.

Are you actively dieting, low carbing , exercising lots or what?

Obviously just being banded has been enough for you. in some ways this is probably similar to those instances where they hypnotise people into believing they have been banded. It must make something click in your brain.

Well done.

Wow, that's amazing - losing weight without a fill is great enough, but 100lb in 6 months is pretty phenomenal, as is 55 lb in 7 weeks. That IS pretty rare.

I lost about 35 I think, without a fill, in about 12 weeks. but I sure needed the fills I had to lose the other 65!

I haven't had a fill yet and I've lost almost 70lbs in about 4 months; not at my goal but I'm expecting to get there without a fill. I somehow have perfect restriction from surgery and I've been losing a steady 2-3lbs a week.

The second check-up I had with my surgeon he said that I didn't need a fill and that I was doing better than a gastric bypass patient. Pretty exciting!

wow! I wish that was me! I lost weight until I hit mushy food and put 3#s on and haven't moved on the scale in 2 weeks. Today I start 'regular' food, and I'm hoping since it won't be mushy slidy food I'll be satisfied eating less...

but damn! Would love to drop 100 in 6 months!!! way to go

You all are just amazing! I was having problems eating, but I think I have that under control. I did notice that if I consumed a few more calories that I'd lose. However, no where near what you all are losing! I'm happy for you...

My band was done on Aug 27th 2010 I am losing about 1 pound a day or every other day .... 100 pounds in six months is awesome tell us more details on what youve done to get there? Also what is the recovery time im ready to hit the gym ,golf course etc...

Well, so far I've lost 42 lbs after surgery and I am working on my 5th week. I went in yesterday expecting my first fill and the doctor decided not to do one. He said the same thing, as long as I'm losing weight consistantly, he wants to leave it alone.

I honestly say that part of it is that I am exercising 4 times a week, with 45 mins of cardio, 30 mins of weights each day and I'm really mindful of my carbs. I don't know if I will consistantly lose as well as I have been but I'm happy so far and things are going smoothly.

Its good to hear there are others out there who've not had a fill. I was kinda upset when I didn't get one on Wednesday.

Wow, im jealous!! that is super fast but if it works it works! lucky you guys! Congrats.

5th week and you can do weights? Doc's making me wait 6

I was banded on 8/17 and have lost 16 pounds so far with no fill. I think it's because I'm still on the pureed diet so there aren't a lot of things I can eat. I don't know what will happen once I get to soft foods. I hope to keep on losing!

Wow, that is quite an accomplishment! Keep up the good work!