Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie; start Unjury tomorrow

Hi everyone! This is my first post as a new member, just hours old. I start my 2 week pre-op diet tomorrow; my surgery is 9/22. I'm nervous and excited and so, so thankful I found this amazing support group.

Good luck to others who are in the pre-op phase also!

Hi everyone! This is my first post as a new member, just hours old. I start my 2 week pre-op diet tomorrow; my surgery is 9/22. I'm nervous and excited and so, so thankful I found this amazing support group.

Good luck to others who are in the pre-op phase also!

Hi girlbanded... welcome I too have my surgery scheduled for 09/22 and start my pre-op diet tomorrow....

There is a goup of us called Looking for September 2010 bandsters... alot of great support:rolleyes2:

Hi. I also start my pre-op diet tomorrow. My surgery is on 23rd September. Will be good to talk to others at same stage.

hocuspocus, my date is the 23rd also! Good Luck!:blushing:

I started my pre-op diet today (Wednesday) and my surgery date is the 22nd. I hope we can all keep in touch, especially since our surgeries are all so close in date.

hocuspocus, my date is the 23rd also! Good Luck!:blushing:

Good luck to you too. It will be great to be able to compare notes. :couch2:

How did everyone do on their first day of pre-op diet? My day is coming to a close, and it wasn't HORRIBLE but I did find it kind of HARD. I'm cooking up some broccoli and plan to have a big bowl (or 1 measured cup) of cottage cheese here in a few minutes. Yum!!!

Hi! I am sorry you had a horrible day :smile2: I had a perfect day on the diet; but it's been very, very hard. My diet consists of only:

4 powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein shakes (2 w/ FF milk / 2 w/ Crystal Light)

(*Crystal Light = GAG! :couch2:)

Then, I can have only 6 servings of the following in addition to:

1/2 c. Cream of Wheat (plain)

1 serving sugar-free Jell-O

1 serving sugar-free pudding

1 serving Sugar-Free Applesauce

1 serving Fiber One Yogurt

1 c. Tomato juice

Celery, Broccoli, Carrots

I just had my 3rd Protein shake and it curbed the hunger pains but I never realized how much I think about food. We went out earlier and every road we turned on, the food places popped in my head and the menu went through my mind. I wanted to by a small pack of light tuna in Water since it was Protein, but - I didn't.

The Unjury is tolerable. The chocolate isn't so bad but the smell, well - it takes me a while to drink the stuff. The vanilla, after the attempt at lunch adding it to the Crystal Light Orange Sunrise; (to make a DreamSicle) I probably will exchange the vanilla's for the chocolates. oy! not good.

I do have my Pre-op Physician consultant tomorrow at 3:30.

I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and we will touch base again; we can do this!!! :blushing:

Congrats! You are officially on your way. Its so crazy how different surgery groups are with the pre op diet. I only have to do 2 days of clear liquid for the 2 days prior to surgery. Everyone I talk to has different pre-op guidelines.

I do have my Pre-op Physician consultant tomorrow at 3:30.

How'd it go? I hope well.

Day two has been a little better for me. I'm still getting hunger pains and I'm thinking of calling my nutritionist to see if I can have something else. I can only have 2 shakes per day, but I could really use the 3rd. Otherwise, it's not so bad.

We CAN do this!!!:thumbup:

The rules sure do vary from doctor to doctor... I have to have 4 unflavored Unjury mixed with 1 cup juice each day, 2 cups of broth each day. Can drink crystal light, Water etc. And also I can have sugar free Jello and sugar free popsycles. Thanks goodness I only have to do this for 3 days (I start this on Oct 4).

I hope the diet is starting off well for all of you! I start mine on Thursday (my surgery date is September 30). My doctor wants me to have 2 Protein Shakes a day and a Lean Cuisine type meal for dinner (with unlimited broth, sugar free Jello, etc, if I want). It's going to be hard to make the transition but I am ready. Best of luck to all of you!

How'd it go? I hope well.

Day two has been a little better for me. I'm still getting hunger pains and I'm thinking of calling my nutritionist to see if I can have something else. I can only have 2 shakes per day, but I could really use the 3rd. Otherwise, it's not so bad.

We CAN do this!!!:bored:

It went well; I blogged about it here.

Hope your having a good week. The weekend is here and I am nervous. I'm busy at the office and it's easier for me; I think I am going to have to stay on the go the entire weekend so I'm not bored at home; you know where that can lead....:smile: