Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it possible to lose 30-35 pounds by Oct. 23rd?

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if its possible and okay to l:rolleyes:ose 30-35 pounds by October 23rd?

I bought this skirt in XL and it doesn't fit but then again the sizes in this brand (Tripp) run a little small. I've been waiting forever to get this skirt and the sizes only went up to XL.

Anyways I'm going to be walking home from my Cosmetology class everyday (except for rainy and snowy days) and I could never seem to eat 3 meals a day, or know what I should eat.. seems like I eat 1-2 meals and 1-2 small Snacks, iced tea and water...scaled moved a little bit but not much. I've been going downtown and walking as much as I can (and it's fun)

But reason why I want to lose weight by this date is because October 23rd is our town's Zombie Walk and i want to look good haha and most of all beable to wear my skirt..

can someone give me some guidance or something? Thank you :thumbup:

That's what? 6 or so weeks from now? I'm sorry, but I think it's unrealistic. You'd have to lose 5 + pounds per week.

The walking is a great idea-- keep it up! And you should be proud of yourself no matter what skirt you wear to the zombie walk!

I hope so I need to lose 26-30 lbs to get under 300 on my birthday Oct 28th. Currently 325 lbs starting weight was 371.

I agree with Jen. 1-2 pounds per week is what we should expect. Some times we lose more, but not regularly.

To lose 5 lbs per week you'd have to burn 17,500 calories excess. That is a lot of extra calories.

Sorry, I don't think it is a realistic goal. Especially not at your BMI now.

You may not be able to lose that amount of weight by then...but that doesnt necesarrily mean you wont be fitting into that skirt.

I stalled for almost six weeks on the scale...but i went down a whole pants size in that time period ( i was exercising daily...sometimes twice a day)

so you may be able to wear the skirt by then...who knows! :)

so inches is what i should worry about more then right? the skirt is Tripp NYC size L which converts to a size 9-11 there's no way in hell ill beable to fit in it but if not i can always buy another skirt from them to the size i need, anyways i could lose up to 6-12 pounds by then? maybe a little more? cause at first dont you usually lose a lil more to begin with? ok wow i'm stressing myself out with this a little too much lol

Maybe you ca kick start things by going on a 10 day liquid diet again and do lots of protien drinks. That is the only way to rush faster to your goal. You did it once and you can do it again!!

I would think that it's not realistic to lose that many pounds in that short of an amount of time, but it might be fairly realistic to lose a good amount of inches to get closer into that skirt by then. It would take a lot of commitment, lots of cardio daily, low carbs and also adding in weights to increase lean muscle which also helps burning calories as well as firming you up. And even if you don't get right up to that skirt by then...just think how great you will look and feel with that added exercise in 6 weeks!

Good Luck!

thanks people, i know its unrealistic. i wanna try to lose up to 10 pounds by then and 30-35 by the end of the year. i was planning on getting a different outfit for the zombie walk but yeah anyways, i bought a 8 piece pilates set from Walmart which included a 65cm exercise ball, 2 weight balls that i think are 2 pounds each, a pilates workout dvd, a light resistance band, and a medium resistance band and i cant remember what else came with it. i also bought two 5 pound dumbells. so i want to try this tomorrow or thursday if i go to my friend Aaron's house tomorrow. does pilates work?

Pilates is great for strengthing your core muscles. However I don't think you burn alot of calories. I would add some cardio.

It's probably pretty unrealistic, Erin. Continue to do what you need to do to lose---and know that you'll be closer to your goal than you are now. That's really the best any of us can do----we do the work to lose, and accept the losses we get.

Don't set yourself up for failure and disappointment. Keep things realistic.