Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my first surgeon's appointment on Thursday (in TWO days) and I'm going insane!! I can hardly sleep. My mind just swims with questions, information, hope, fear, worry, excitement. I'm going crazy! I feel like I'm a stalker. I'm reading as many threads on here as I possibly can. I've gone over just about every before and after picture available. I even downloaded and sent some of them to my mother (who is a bit of a downer). I've saved them onto the computer and called my husband over to see them. I am going insane!! I am so excited that I can barely stand it. Lap-band is all I talk about! It's all I think about. I'm soooooo ready to get my butt to the gym after surgery and get this junk off of me, that I'm seriously planning out what I'll be doing and excited about new things to try. I've made a list of about 30 things that I am excited about that comes from significant weight loss. I realize that I'm just at the beginning of my journey. I'm sure I still have multiple other dr's appointments, challenges and hurdles ahead but I'm just so excited at the possibility of HOPE. Now, if I could just get these two days to go a little quicker............

I won't have my surgery for a few weeks yet. I am thinking that what you are pretty normal, because I have the same thoughts, and while excitement is certainly there, there is also doubt. I guess I have a pesaimistic(how do you spell that word?) streak. It will be good to hear from you in a week or so to see how things are going. Please keep us informed.

No need to wait a week or so to hear a response. I just got off the phone with my insurance provider. My husband is who it is through and he's "too new to the job" to get services like weight loss surgery. He has to have been employed for a year. So it looks like I won't be getting this until April of 2011. I am so disappointed but I'm still going to my dr's appt on Thursday. I might as well get the ball rolling and set it all up to have surgery the day I become eligible. Plus maybe there is more that I need to do before getting it done..... diet history, sleep study, etc etc etc. Now I have time! (Trying to keep this positive and not fall into depression over this news) :thumbup:

I really was hoping this would be an easy thing since most things in my life are difficult... guess this is just gonna follow suit! lol

I totally understand the frustration of waiting. I started the surgery process and had to postpone because of another health issue. One thing to consider is most doctors's require you to loose a percentage of body weight. So if you loose the weight between now and when your insurance will pay for the surgery perhaps you can have the surgery in 4/11 instead of waiting several more months. For example: my surgeon said I had to loose 10% of body weight before the surgery. Realisticly how long would that take you?

Point two your doctor might tell you to start exercising now. In 9/08 I finally had to go to a doctor about the knee pain I was having. It was really and truely dibilitating. I was 38 and did'nt want to go anywhere because walking was agony. I did'nt want to go to the doctor because I knew they would tell me it was my own fault for being fat. I went to a Orthopedic Surgeon who was very brutal who said "The only answer is for the weight to come off. Period". I know that but boy was he rough. Anyway, he said because of my weight and the fact that I could'nt walk he suggested swimming. His office is in the building off a brand new gym with a pool. Long story short I joined. Bought some fat lady swimsuites (skirt included) and started swimming everyday. Preband I had lost 82 pounds from diet and exercise. Now 26 days post op I have lost another 15 pounds.