Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Extreme Stress ; R U unable 2 Eat??

Hi guys,

As some may have heard, Christchurch NZ had a 7.1 earthquake on the 4th... extremely frightening and the aftershocks are abundant & nerve wrecking!:smile:

Just wondering if others cant eat through extreme stress when banded??

It's actually the perfect time to test if I was an emotional eater.. I'm not!

So let me know people... are you completely disinterested in food through stressful situations??

Rach.

Hope all is OK for you?

I definitely notice being stressed. I'm starting chemo tomorrow, quite nervous about it, not looking forward to looking "sick'", not to mention feeling it. Nothing has gone down well this weekend, even coffee has some hang time. I"m tight as tight. Feels better today though.

Wow Jacqui! Hope it all goes well :smile:

I'm pushing 7 weeks out now and surgeon didnt fill me as I have great restriction... so glad he didnt as I saw him the day before the quake!

Could not eat all that day and Water was hard to swallow.

Luckily we've just had smashed windows, small structural cracks, tumbled chimneys etc... Our Local hospital is on the verge of being condemned as are a few other houses (and we are 60km in a straight line away from christchurch).

Problem has been the 100 odd aftershocks most being over 4.0 - really stressful!

Hope your chemo goes well... If that's a possibility....

Rach.

oh, no--both of you--I'm so sorry!

I am definitely tight with stress--very. It can be a struggle to eat.

Jacqui, it isn't a given you'll look sick. There are wonderful antiemetics now that will be a godsend. When you do have difficulty, it can be helpful to choose cold foods rather than warm---they tend to be easier going down (and staying down, if vomiting becomes an issue; hopefully it will not).

I will keep both you and Rach in my thoughts and prayers.

Rach, glad that the earthquake hasn't affected you too badly. It must be an extremely stressful time.

I always thought that stress made me eat but it doesn't seem to be that bad now I am banded. I tend to get most stressed in the middle of the night and I don't normally eat then! Listening to the rain on Sat night wondering if the Water from our dam was going to hit our house was pretty stressful.

Jacqui sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts today. I assume that this is as a result of the problems that you were having and the tests you had? I wish you all the best and hope that whatever is wrong you and the docs have it beat real quick!Which hospital are you going to?

Hugs

XXXXX

Oh elcee we've been watching the flooding on Sky News... Shepparton doesnt look good huh?

Hope Jacqui's ok today...sounds really stressful :thumbup:

We had another 3 bad quakes last night, 2x 5.4 and one at 5.2 amazing how the walls shift from square to parrellelograms (sp?) and back...

I'm forcing Protein shakes ATM as I dont lose without protein... gives me something to think about rather than waiting for the 6.0 they say is coming:crying:

Thanks guys,

Rach xxxxx

The amount of Water around is incredible. Two of my friends have family members that have been flooded. I think the worst thing with floods is not just that everything gets wrecked but insurance companies refuse to cover flood damge so basically you are st@@@@d!

The earthquakes would be worse though. Far more frightening and unpredictable. I didn't realise that there had been more shocks and that they were so big. I still find it incredible that the quake was so big and no-one was killed.That is amazing.

Can't give you any advice on how to get the Protein shakes down. I don't use them - the only time I did was preop when i used Celebrity Slim.

All the best.

Stay safe Rach.

dont worry bout me, my biggest headache is getting my lazy kids to school. They're not above milking this situation for days off!

Stay safe Rach.

dont worry bout me, my biggest headache is getting my lazy kids to school. They're not above milking this situation for days off!

:thumbup::lol:

Yeah that sounds about right !!!

Thing I hate about these quakes is the amount of broken lightbulbs! just found another, how weird is that ?!!

Rach.

Its so scary isnt it, there's been so much activity around the entire Pacific Rim over the past few years, starting with the Boxing Day Tsunami a few years back.

We were going to Thailand in 2 weeks time, a long awaited and anticipated holiday, which we of course had to cancel when my cancer was diagnosed. I have this gut feeling somehow that there's going to be an earthquake or tidal wave or some sort of natural disaster in Thailand during the time we were meant to be there. I hope I'm wrong, but it really seems that over the last few years there's been alot of activity along those plates. We've even had tremors in Melbourne a few times over the past year or two.

So true!

It's like it has been coming down the pacific rim for a few years now....

That one in Chile had all our towns evacuated but we only got a 50cm surge!!

What surprised us was the quake wasnt in Wellington!! everyone expected one along the fault line, oh well...

I know there's a big one thru the Adelaide hills, hope that doesnt go :thumbup:

Good luck today, I'll search to see what kind you were diagnosed with... very scary !

Rach.

Ouch ! Just read what kind you have :thumbup: So sorry!!

I have a history of that in my family as well as bowel cancer so just before I got my band I cut out meat and most animal products - I shudder to see the amount of meat eaten in high Protein diets as well, considering I'm getting 60-90g of Protein with no meat per day :(

Rach xxxxxx