Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Aug 31 and in pain

I was banded this past Tuesday and I was wondering how long does this pain last. They let me out of the hospital on Wednesday but I tossed and turned all night because I couldn't get comfortable. Then I found myself up at 2 am walking around the house. I'm glad the surgery is over but now I just want the pain gone without constantly drugging myself.

weight.png

Congrats on being banded! Sorry you're feeling so much discomfort. I definitely know all about not being able to get comfortable in bed! It took a few days to find a position that gave me at least a few hours of sleep.< /span>

I can say that after about day 5 post-op I was feeling a lot better. I took my pain meds until about day 4 and haven't taken one since.

If you're dealing with gas pain take Gas-X strips and use a heating pad. Remember, it does get better!

Reverie thanks for your response. I was lucky enough to not have any gas pains but it seems to hurt where the incision is and I guess where the port is. I have been unable to find the port but saw it in the x-ray yesterday. I saw your ticker and that is great that you have lost so much since May. I want to start exercising after the pain subsides. I know I'm going to have some flabby skin but I want to eliminate as much as possible.

I also was banded on Tuesday A.M. and I'm home (and in pain).

I tink that the bloated heartbuen sensation is bothering me more than the surgery pain. I need to find out what I can take for the bloating, heartburn etc.

I am one week post op, and most of the pain is gone. When moving around there is still a slightly uncomfortable feeling, but not any pain. sleeping was hard at first, but that's because I usually sleep on my stomach. When I was laying on my back, the pain was manageable but then it was hard to sleep that way for me. Once I was asleep though I stayed asleep. I haven't taken pain meds in a couple of days, and was able to switch to just tylenol 3 days post op. I have been sleeping on my stomach again for the last 3 nights, and going from sitting to standing is not a huge project like it was just a few days ago.

Hang in there, it does get better, even if you feel like it never will!

Reverie thanks for your response. I was lucky enough to not have any gas pains but it seems to hurt where the incision is and I guess where the port is.

That's good then! Your port incision will probably hurt for a few weeks. Remember that it is sewn into your muscle so your body needs time to adjust and adapt to this new foreign object. Mine still gives me a little "ow" if I move the wrong way or if I bump into something but it does get better!

And yes my weight loss has been great; unexpected (on my part) but I'm not complaining! Definitely exercise when you can. I started with walking and at 5-6 weeks I was doing normal activity. Don't push too hard though; give your body the time it needs to adjust and recover from surgery.

Best of luck and hopefully your incision starts to feel better! A warm compress may help a little.