Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am curious as to what everyone eats. I was banded July 26th. I had a good weight loss before and right after surgery but it has been at a stand still for the last few weeks. From my post-op one week appointment to this past monday (4weeks) I only lost 2lbs. When I got weighed Monday I almost cried. I have been what I think to be pretty good. I eat oatmeal or yogurt with lowfat granola for Breakfast, cottage cheese and sugar free applesacue for lunch, a low fat spring cheese for snack and a regualr homecooked low fat dinner (chicken with vegis most of the time)

Other times in the past when I dieted, I have never been this good and yet I lost. I am so discouraged. On top of that, I had my first fill and I really don't feel a difference. I feel like I am starving myself for nothing. I mean I went to a party saturday where everyone was drinking and eating and smoking, all things I loved but gave up and for what 2 lbs in 4 weeks?!? Oh right and for my health! haha

OH, and I only drink Water. At least 60ozs a day but usually way more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do your count your calories, Protein levels, etc? If not, maybe you should look into it. Fitday.com is a good website to use to log your food.

It's very common to lose a lot of weight right before and even sometimes right after surgery, but it does slow down. Remember, 1-2lbs a week is the goal.

You may easily be eating too much or maybe even not enough; you'll want to look at your calorie levels and decide. Also, are you exercising? Just eating right won't make the weight come off. Exercise is a must.

As for restriction, it's rare to get it on the first fill. It can take several times so hang in there! You can do this.

What I eat on a daily basis really depends on the exercise I'm doing; I eat lighter on my "sculpt" days. But usually breakfast is egg whites w/ bacon or turkey sausage, lunch is usually 4oz meat with vegetables and dinner is usually a salad with chicken. I usually stay between 850-950 calories.

Edited by reverie

Slow-downs, stalls, and plateaus are expected---after your body loses a significant amount, it's normal for it to stick around one weight for a few weeks.

I agree that journaling is a great idea--if I didn't do it, I would have a hard time keeping my Protein intake adequate and keeping my calorie level down.

If you do journal, and really are doing what your body needs, hang in there---plateaus and slowdowns usually resolve on their own.

If you see room for improvement, or (and this is important) are not exercising regularly, tweak what you're doing to get the ball rolling.

I eat a low-carb diet--primarily Protein and nonstarchy veggies. My carbs come only from vegetables, a bit of fruit, legumes, and dairy. (No grains yet; those come at 75 percent of excess weight lost.)

I eat 800-900 calories/day---and exercise at least once a day, usually twice. I have to do all of these things to lose well (and even so, I hit the occasional stall--like right now!). If any one of the components is off-kilter, my loss is affected.

Hii. I was a t a stand still, fluxuating between 5 lbs for almost a year. Very devastating. My dr kept telling me to up my exercise..and I didn't listen.. Then last month I had enuff and listened for once and worked out religously and dropped 11 lbs in a month..and actually ate a lil more on top of working out..I was eating about 900 cals a day but then moved up to 1100 and weight dropped off. Dr told me I needed to stick to that calorie count bc that one was makin me lose the weight opposed to the lesser one. Good luck

I eat mostly Proteins (98% of the time). I don't eat bread, sweets, Snacks. etc... I follow the dr. orders damn near to a T, and I do exercise. However, I know that the body does what it wants most of the time. I track my weight daily and I've a trend where my body will hold onto weight for about 10 days and then I'll drop a few. That's even when I do everything to a "T".

Moral of the story...hang in there, keep following dr's orders and you will lose the weight!

Rebecca

Trust me when I say that this weight loss standstill is totally normal! I went almost three weeks and didn't lose anything a couple of weeks after my surgery. It seemed to happen when I went from a full liquid to a pureed diet. I was so frustrated! I would come to this forum and feel better when I read that it seemed like alot of ppl who had been banded had went through the same thing. The weight loss will come, believe me!

I feel your pain, but I have hope for you.

I lost steadily from 10 days prior, through 2 weeks post-op then I met the wall. I not only STOPPED losing weight, I regained 3-4 lbs that I had lost. I was so discouraged. I was thinking to myself oh my gosh, what if this doesn't work. Here everyone at home and work knows I went to surgical lengths to lose weight and what if I fail at THIS??? I was starting to get very upset and discouraged.

Then, I got my first fill of 3ccs at 6 weeks (couldn't wait!) and went in 4 days later for another fill of 1 cc. That was the sweet spot. I could tell the huge difference - no more out of control appetite. Satisfied on small amounts. 10 days after my 2nd fill I went in and had a 7lb loss.

I don't follow a very serious hard-core diet. I follow a reasonable diet. I've never been much of a breakfast eater, but I do love my coffee. I'm at least kick-starting my metabolism in the morning with my loaded coffee (coffeemate and Sweet N Low - about 70 calories.) I usually have a can of tuna packed in Water with a tbsp of mayo with olive oil and 1-2 tbsp of relish - about 200 calories. If I get hungry mid-day, I'll have a cup or two (slowly) of banana Creme Muscle Milk Light - about 100-200 calories. For dinner, I usually have whatever I normally would. Last night was a small portion of enchilada with pinto Beans and corn. Tonight is Thursday, our weekly boneless wing night (60 cent boneless Thursdays!) but now instead of eating 12 boneless Asian Zing wings, I'll have 3 or 4. I have a terrible habit of eating late - that's when I get the hungriest - between 7-10pm. I try to stick to a cup of Cereal and 1% milk (I can't handle skim yet).

I try not to starve myself and not to deprive myself too much. I want this Lap-Band to work long-term, not just a sprint that I can't finish like my history of dieting.

If I crave sweets, I'll have a sugar-free cinnamon disk, a handful of fruit Loops or a 100-calorie pack of yogurt-covered pretzels.

So far, I've managed to lose almost 30lbs in just over 2 months. I have only had a small bit of soft-serve ice cream and zero soda.

I abhor drinking Water, so I keep a stainless water bottle filled with Crystal Light or Diet Snapple with me as often as possible. I have had fast food - just this weekend I had Wendy's, but I got a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and stole only 3 fries and was completely full. That netted me about 400 calories, which if I keep my normal schedule will still put me in under 1000 calories for the day.

Good luck and have faith. The weight will come off when it's ready. If you eat too few calories, your body goes into "starvation" or "survival" mode and retains as much weight as it can. Just eat progressively fewer calories and don't try to do it all at once or starve yourself. The more realistic you make it, the more you will stick with it. Have a little something for breakfast - be it a Protein shake or what have you (I've sometimes flavored my coffee with a vanilla Protein shake!) to get your body started off ready to use up the calories you're providing. Know you're not in this alone and you'll get there - just be patient! :thumbup: :)

After I went to "normal" foods, I got lazy keeping track of my Protein. Mistake. I have now added a daily Protein shake and some Protein Bars as my "snack" and have been doing much better.

I try to stick to about 900 calories a day. I journal sporadically, but know when I am diligent the weight drops at a better rate.

I will have potato once in a while or the skinny bagel from Thomas', but only half. I am able to tolerate fruit much better now, so keep that on hand.

lunch is chicken on a salad or a wrap w/ alpine american and low salt ham and FF ranch. I make eggsald once in a while too, but not a lot since I WILL NOT eat fake mayo.< /p>

String cheese, light cow cheeses and RF wheat thins are an Ok snack. It is a lot of moderation.

I overdid it this week and feel awful. Need a day of liquids/lite food to clean out the band.

The plateaus are normal, just change it up a bit. It is easy to get into food ruts, which is why I come on here.

I was banded on July 30th and doing similiar to how you were doing. I picked up more exercise and that started helping..now Im averaging about a 1-2lbs every week-week and half. Its sounds like your eating healthy. I havnt had my first fill yet, its schedled for 9/7 and Im so ready for that...Im tired of only allowing myself a cup of food but than still hungry after that and starving after an hour...Hang in there it will get better!!