Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I was banded on 22nd of August (single incision). After my surgery I felt immediate restriction (i know its not the real one) yet I lost around 20 lbs. Now the issue is, I want to first apologize of all those who I judged before my surgery on their "cheats". I am an official cheater and scared to dead of a slippage. Please do not judge me like I judged many of you.

On the day 8th day post op, I ate some grapes and cheese. on the 11th day post op, I ate a sandwich. after that i felt an immerse pain under my left chest and lower left back ( I guess this is kidney). I got nauseated and vomited a bit stomach Water.

I don't have vomiting feeling now, i feel still restricted yet not like day one and I am wondering if I had a slippage the day I had that pain? I also have a constant pain, not much yet its there, under my left breast.

anyone with an advice?

I doubt it's slippage though you may want to go back to liquids/soft foods until things calm down. It never hurts to call your surgeon as well just to be 100% sure.

YOU ATE A SANDWICH!!!!! 11 days post op!!!

I would be so scared.

I agree with above poster if I were you I think I would go back to soft or even liquids for a few days to calm things down.

I hope it gets better.

My early soft cheats were extras of the mushy foods. I still can't do a sandwich and I am almost a year out.

I still TRY to keep my Snacks to better choices and small quantities.

Advice? Talk this over with your doc. He/she may want to do a flouroscopy at your first fill to see if it's moved. Also, follow your doctors recommendations from now on. The rules are there for a reason. That's your smack on the nose, by the way :)

It is truly the hardest part of the journey, the liquid diet, mushies, soft foods and then normal foods. Hang in there. But do tell your doctor and get checked out. You don't want to have problems already. I wish you the best. (no more smacks!)

I doubt your band slipped, that usually occurs from vomiting. When the band has slipped you can't keep even Water down. Hang in there and try to stick to the plan. It does get easier!

I was banded August 17th. This is week 3, mushes. When I went to the doctors Monday they said theres not really a requirement for the steps from liquid/mushy/soft/hard. He said everyones different. Try mushy for a day or two and if you can handle well try some soft foods, if you can't hold it down or it feels weird shift to more mushy foods. I was surprised when he told me this.

I am 6 days post op and I just ate a string cheese. Eek!!! I was so hungry! I pulverized it so much in my mouth it was liquid going down.

I have cheated a little. I am 14 days out and on 3 weeks of liquids which is really long. This week I have had a glass of wine, a bowl of ice cream, purreed tortilla Soup (without protien), and a chicken nugget (each on different days). Oh well. I have been keeping on 400-600 calories a day and have lost 11.5 pounds. I need to be really good tomorrow since I have my post-op visit Friday.

Don't worry. I did the same and I am ok now. It's really hard, so just do your best. Listen to your body!

thanks everyone for your responds.

I also think my band is still in place as I burb as before, I have the same fullness after a glass of Water. I am mainly on liquids again and eating soft foods. I am feeling restricted which is good and I will wait and see during the first fill.

i am happy that you put this up here. because i also cheated some today. i am supposed to be on pureed foods but i ate a small amount of eggs soft potatoes and whole wheat toast. i chewed well and ate slowly and have had no problems but i feel like a failure:sad:

i am happy that you put this up here. because i also cheated some today. i am supposed to be on pureed foods but i ate a small amount of eggs soft potatoes and whole wheat toast. i chewed well and ate slowly and have had no problems but i feel like a failure:sad:

Different Drs have different diets, on my puree list I can have scrambled eggs, toast and mashed potatoes so if you were with my surgeon you would be fine. You're not a failure.

Just go back to whatever is on your surgeon's list right away.

Feel better.

yea my doc also said i can have scrambled eggs and potatoes but not toast til next week. i just crave some normalcy. it is so hard because even though i lost weight before my surgery i still crave everything i am not supposed i.e. carbs and pepsi. its like because i cant eat it i want it more.

thank you for your support though

I say NO FAILURES - just challenges. Just think of the days when we wolfed cake, Cookies and ice cream!!! I was banded on 8/18 and prior to that did the 2 week liver shrinking diet. It is a whole new world and every day is a challenge. I am down 23 lbs....31 since March. Even if I slip and eat something I should not - it is not the garbage I was packing in before - so in the long run it will work out. My surgeon told me to toss the scales for awhile and pay attention to how I feel.....:)