Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP - I need LIQUID cold medicine

Nyquil works great if you can get past the flavor

you can also get kids meds...they are always better tasting.... Hope you feel better soon and good luck with your exams!!

I am getting a cold and I am smack in the middle of my final exams. I need an effective liquid cold medicine ASAP. Anyone have any suggestions?

Although I'm not yet banded Nyquil comes to mind as being safe with or without the band. It would be my first choice.

This may be a little late for Tricia, but it's something to think about for next time. I use Zicam nasal spray whenever I think I'm getting a cold. If you use it several times (every 3 hours) at the first sign of a cold, it makes the cold much less severe or stops it all together. It's wonderful stuff. And I think I've heard that even if you have the cold and use it, it'll still help with the symptoms. They have several forms...nasal spray, little pills that you dissolve under your tongue (I couldn't stand them), and nasal swabs.

Tylenol makes a non-drowsy day formula, and a 'knock you out' night formula liquid cold medicine that works very well. My non-banded husband even used it a couple of weeks ago and liked the results. It has 'cool burst' icy cold/minty like flavoring, Good Luck!

This may be a little late for Tricia, but it's something to think about for next time. I use Zicam nasal spray whenever I think I'm getting a cold. If you use it several times (every 3 hours) at the first sign of a cold, it makes the cold much less severe or stops it all together. It's wonderful stuff. And I think I've heard that even if you have the cold and use it, it'll still help with the symptoms. They have several forms...nasal spray, little pills that you dissolve under your tongue (I couldn't stand them), and nasal swabs.

Thanks for the tip. I'm typically good with taking Nyquil at the first sign of a cold and by the next day or 2, it's completely gone. I've never really had a severe cold.

Thanks for all the advice, my hubby got me the liquid tylenol for day and nyquil for night and nose spray. The liquid tylenol mint tasted awful I thought but oh well. Also, he got those shower tabs that you put in the shower and relsease steam - It really helped clear me up.

I've heard great things about those Vicks Shower Soothers! I want to try one but I don't have any congestion. I tried the new Tylenol PM liquid flavored vanilla and it wasn't too bad. Liquid cough Syrup tastes like crap anyway you go and I always have to chase it with something to avoid throwing it up. The liquid meds are something I'm still getting used to - I tried some Tylenol childrens Watermelon melt aways and they were soo gross! Besides I had to eat like 10 to get the same effect of adult tylenol - I don't think it worked anyway. But I"ve found a spoon of ice cream or a hard candy should do the trick with the liquid meds if you don't like the taste - just have it ready to go!

Zicam-used it recently and worked better than anything ive ever used including nyquil which ive used for years