Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please tell me I'm not the only Newfie here!

Hey Everyone,

Just looking to see if there are any fellow Newfoundlanders on here. I was banded on Aug 25, 2010 and would love to get in touch with some fellow Newfoundlanders who have had, or are planning to have, lapband surgery!

W

I was born in Newfoundland but I didn't grow up there. Good luck! I`m sure I have seen some others.

Hey there Pollywogg!

There doesn't seem to be too many of us floating around here. I saw a post from a while back... one guy who was thinking about having it done but he didn't get much response either.

Oh well... it's a lonely road but I find this website EXCELLENT... really helps with all my questions and helps me to stay motivated.

Happy trails!

W

Hi, I am from Newfoundland, presently living on the northern peninsula. I was banded Sept 07/10. I am only 6 days post op. I would love to chat and share stories and experiences. My experience so far is pain! I am having pain under my left rib that shoots up into my neck and +++ gas. I still sleep sitting up and any deep breaths or sudden movements literally take my breath away. Is this all normal??? I am hoping it will soon resolve and I can start my new life. :(

Hi Tanchels - glad you found us! I was in a lot of pain also. How about you Wimic? At one point I thought I was going to have to sleep sitting up forever. Even now I still get the shoulder pain it I eat a bit too much. I did find I got much better every day. Get lots of rest and walk when you feel up to it.

Take care of yourself!

Things are beginning to get better. Still in liquids, getting awful gas pains if I try to eat creamy or purifed. :wub:

weight.png

Hi there,

Where were you banded? Many clinic have their own web sites/chat rooms and message boards. They are usually more busy and you may find people that live not too far from you who would like to meet for coffee. Good luck and keep us posted.

I was banded in Toronto. I am a member on the clinics forum but I am not limited to that one site. The more information and more experiences I read about the more knowledgable I feel about my own band. I am not interested in meeting for tea. I doubt there are too many people on the Northern Peninsula with a lap band anyway, lol. I am on this site seeking infomation about individual experiences. I ate my first bite of real food this morning...scrambled eggs! yumm yumm!!!:thumbup:

Going to butt in here with a comment. Having one on one and group conversations about the band and all the ups and downs that go with it is, in my opinion, very satisfying and comforting. Also very party like.

I am a long distance band client and although the web is great for filling in the holes, it can not replace friendships that develop from a common issue

We have a get together once a month in Vancouver. This group was started by a lady who also felt the web was not meeting all needs.

Suggest you give it a try - even start your own coffee group. May surprise you.