Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one from minnesota

Hi all I'm in mn and went to the local support area for mn and no one is in there any more just woundering if there are others here in mn I had my semenar last thurs and go to see a primary care dr on wed.

Yes, I am from the MN.

That's kool have you had your lap band yet and what part of mn you in?

Hey girls!

I'm in MN also, SW MN to be exact. I'm doctoring at Sanford in Sioux Falls though. I had my inital appointment with my surgeon today and was extremely borderline with my BMI but made it with a 36!!! Very exciting day. Where are you both from? What stage are you in with your history? Hope to hear from you soon!

I am. I am in the minneapolis area. Going through the U of M Fairview with Dr Leslie and I have a date of November 12. I can't wait!

I am from Medina.

Park Nicollet is my provider.

Hey girls!

I live in Minnesota (chanhassen). I have a BMI of 30 so in order for me to get a lap band I have to go to Mexico. I am undecided if I am going to go through with it or not. I know I am not considered morbidly obese but being 30 pounds overweight your entire life is very difficult. My boyfriend is extremely against it so I don't have any support besides the people here!

I am in maple grove area going with park nicollet in st louis park. And to shrinan I was woundering do you have any co-morbities and have you tryed any other ways to loose the weight? I personally don't know if I was only a bmi of 30 with out aything else wrong I would go this rout. I have had a bmi of over 35 for many years and it took me getting type 2 diabeties and months away from a spinal fussion to decide I HAVE to loose the weight. I just want to know your reasioning and resolve to your discision not trying to talk you out of it.

To answer your questions I am currently 5'3" and weigh 170. Am I morbidly obese? No,but carrying around 30 or 40 extra pounds is also painful. I have tried absolutly eerything imaginable to lose weight. A couple times it has worked but it ALWAYS comes back. I know its a very drastic step considering lap band but this has been the biggest obsticle in my life to far to long. I am yearnng for a way to feel comfortaqble in my clothes and feel atractive for once.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you been bussy with class. I'm sorry for all you are going throught I feel your pain and it sounds like you have really thought it through I wish you luck in your choice and hope you the best. If you are that unhappy like I am then go for it and I think if your boyfriend doesn't support it then maybe he's not the one.