Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I weigh in tomorrow....soooooo nervous!!!

I go in for my one month weigh in tomorrow and I am filled with anxiety. I usually have a mini panic attack right before I get on the scale, but I have been feeling this way since yesterday. In the past month, I have done really well. I became a vegetarian, so I have not been eating meat (I've been getting my Protein from Beans and tofu). I've worked out the most that I ever had since getting the band (walking for one hour 3-5 times a week or doing 40 minutes on my ellyptical machine). And, I've been drinking 32oz to 64oz of Water each day. I haven't exactly been perfect. I did mess up a few times (I have a huge sweet tooth) but I never went completely overboard. My goal for tomorrow is to be between 205-208. I started at 245 and the last time I weighed in I was 215. I have only lost 30lbs since I got banded in December of 2009. I used to be sad about my progress, but I figure if I lost 1 lb a week, that would be 52 lbs by December 2010 and I would be ok with that.

The most that I have lost in a month has been about 3-4 lbs, but this is without working out or eating right. I'm just hoping that I have lost at least 7lbs this time. If not, I will be very disappointed. I don't think I can do any better than what I did this past month. OMG...this is so stressful and hard! I'm just venting really...hopefully someone one out there can calm me down a bit...

You are doing GREAT! That's a lot of hard work you are putting into making you healthy! That to me is success! This reminds me of how I feel about school and "test" anxiety, or bettter yet, "grade" anxiety. I tell myself: if I don't put in all the work I know that I COULD do and I get a poor grade - then I'll feel like SH*T.

But, If I do everything I CAN do, study, do my homework, strive to understand the material...etc... and I get less than an A, well then, I've done the best I can so I'll take what I get.

You could translate that into a "scale" moto...

Sounds like your doing the best you can, and whatever will be, will be, right?

Unlike you, I weigh in eveyday and I log it. There are sometimes that I do everything to a T, and I gain or not lose for days. The body Does whatever it needs to get by, if that means holding onto weight for a few extra days for whatever reason, it will do it. However, it doesn't always line up with the schedule we keep for ourselves, ie - your weigh-in appt.

Moral of the story...you are doing GREAT!!! Keep it up!!! Everything will work out the way it's supposed to!! You will ACHIEVE success!!!

God Bless,

Rebecca

If you followed the diet , you should have no worries. Don't go into the doctor with a weight loss number in your head. Just be satisfied whatever the number is. At the clinic I visit, it has a sign on the scale, "no whining", lol.

I'm down to 209.5, not exactly what I was hoping for but I am happy with it. Next time, I will be at 205. Thanks for your words of encouragement Rebecca and Mr. Mom.

You're welcome! Keep it up.

Ebony~ Your doing great. I also tell myself if I lose 1 lb a week that's 52 lbs a year. I would be happy with that also. Im going for my 6 wk post-op & 1st fill tomorrow. I have not weighed myself at home so Im anxious & excited to get on the scale. I have increased my exercise & have been eating healthy. Yesterday I kinda went off diet but not to bad but that was my fault. I did not have lunch & went to my sisters to Celebrate my nephews b-day & we were swimming and playing football and I was starving & was eating fast and wanted a little of everything. Today is a new day and I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. ***keep up the great work everbody*** We can do it 1 day at a time ******

Your Welcome! We all need encouragement. Congrats on being so close to onederland! How exciting!