Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2010 Bandsters--Check In!

Rebecca -

I think it is mainly self-sabotage, which I'm really freakin good at unfortunately! In the back of my rational mind, I know everything is fine but I like to worry and this one possible complication really has my number. I also got laid off 2 weeks ago so I think the stress has just turned me into a ball of anxiety. Actually the reason I joined this site tonight is because I ate dinner WAY too fast and I got some food stuck, and PB'ed for a while, I think it passed finally but I've been sitting here on the verge of tears that I've totally destroyed this amazing tool that my parents just paid cash for....ugh I really hate these bad days. Thank you so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it. :cursing:

SKB and everyone else -

I love this quote by Mariann Williamson, it sums up everything that I feel but sometimes to afraid to admit, if that makes sense. Let's encourage each other and ourselves to be happier and healthier, especially when times are hard. And, remember, we deserve this too!

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you
not
to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing Enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Rebecca

I did really bad this month while I was away from home. I probably overate a few times and definitely ate the wrong things. I noticed that once I let myself do that it became a bit harder to get back to what I normally eat. Like was mentioned earlier, it all goes back to our food addiction. Let a junkie relapse and it gets a little bit harder to get clean. BUT, it doesn't mean we can't get back on track. Today, I was comfortably back to my old self even though Monday was really difficult.

To answer the question of what I'm eating, I stick with my doctor and nutritionist's plan: 70-80 grams of Protein and less than 40 carbs a day. I don't count calories because I don't think there's really a need to if I'm staying under 40 carbs and eating so much Protein. I'm pretty simple (i.e. lazy) when it comes to cooking so what I cook for dinner I usually also eat for lunch. Here's a breakdown of my typical day:

Breakfast:

Usually an omlette with feta cheese, spinach, tomatoes, onions.

Lunch:

3-4 ounces of chicken

3 ounces of carrots

2 tablespoons of light ranch dressing (as a dip for the carrots)

Dinner:

same as lunch also add a 1/2 cup of Jello pudding (made with fat free milk).

AND of course, throughout the day, Water, Water, water.

I exercise between 3-4 days a week. Swimming at least one day (sometimes 2 days a week). The other days are working out on the elliptical for 15 minutes and then the arm and ab weight machines at the gym for another 15-20 minutes.

All you people who lost so much weight since May, please please please help me. I have only lost a couple pounds since being banded. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have 3.5 cc in band & go back in 2 wks for a fill. I seriously would like to know how much everyone is exercising or what you are all eating or whatever. I was so excited pre-op now I feel like this is just one more thing I have failed at. Please give me a run down of your daily intakes so I can compare. I expected to lose much more by now than the measely pounds I have lost. I WANT results like you all. Thank you.

Hi there... just wondered if anyone had responded to your request? I was banded in Sept 2010 and went on to your thread to get encouraged and saw your post.

Were you given a food guide to follow when you were banded? Are you eating the right proportions (1 cup per meal), have you given up the liquid high calorie food eg icecream, chocolates, alcohol etc? Do you drink and eat? Hope some of these questions help you to evaluate where you are. If you email me I can send you something I came across about evaluating whether you have balance in you banding life. You can contact me at desmitchell@afrihost.co.za. Do hope you haven't given up - I'll try and help you find your way through. :thumbup:

Example of my eating/drinking day:

Wake up: coffee (small mug)

Breakfast: small banana and yoghurt (fills half a cup)

Midmorning: tea, coffee, juice, Water

Lunch: tuna fish 1/2 tin & salad with low fat dressing

Midafternoon: fruit (small & soft eg papaya)

Dinner: 1 chicken thigh and mixed veges with gravy - might have a little mashed potato (saucer size portion)

Hello everyone. I was banded may 25, 2010 and I am down 76 pounds with only 17 to go to goal. I love this band. I have been really watching my meal portions and getting in the Protein. I have 6.75cc in my 10cc band and I am in the green zone. I have been lucky to get away with not exercising too. I am glad tob see so many doing great and I am sorry to hear others are having a hard time. I can try and help if I can. Good luck continuing on your journeys.

Just checking on all of the May Bandsters. I'm still doing great. 55lbs down and at restriction. Fitting into clothes that I fit into 5 years ago. Still going to support group and seeing my dr once a month. This is the best thing I've ever done. Happy Holidays to all my fellow Bandsters and keep on with your journeys.

I am now down 86 pounds with 7 left to goal. I love this band. I am fitting into old clothes again too and like shopping again. I go to support groups and have monthly doctor visits. They took an after picture the other day and put it next to my before and wow what a huge difference. It's very exciting. I have lost plenty of weight in the past but never kept it off, so now the real work comes in to never gain it back.

I am now down 86 pounds with 7 left to goal. I love this band. I am fitting into old clothes again too and like shopping again. I go to support groups and have monthly doctor visits. They took an after picture the other day and put it next to my before and wow what a huge difference. It's very exciting. I have lost plenty of weight in the past but never kept it off, so now the real work comes in to never gain it back.