Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2010 Bandsters--Check In!

Just curious to see how everyone who got the band in May is doing. I know there were quite a few May 10thers out there!

Let's check in and encourage each other.

I've lost quite a bit of weight (49 pounds since pre-op diet and 35 pounds since the surgery). This month I basically lost only four pounds because I was travelling all up and down the East Coast to weddings, family reunions, graduation parties, and visiting my Dad. But, hey, I did my best and still lost four pounds so that's something. But, now I'm glad to be home so I can get back on track with my eating and exercise.

How is everyone else doing? I hope all is well. :)

Edited by KidLaw

I was banded May 18th. I have lost 50 lbs to date. Im so frustrated right now tho. I have only 4cc in my band and I dont ever feel restriction. Im calling on Monday to get in earlier then Sept 16th because I feel like I need a fill NOW. Im frustrated because Im at the gym 5-6 Days a week and last week 4 of those days I went twice a day. Ive started the Couch to 5k and I havent lost a single pound in the last 2 weeks. I have 26 lbs I would like to loose befor Oct 5th and Im not seeing it happen. BUT Im not giving up. Hope everone else is doing great! Have a great weekend!

Woo hoo for May 10. I'm doing great; losing 3lbs a week. No fills. Eating right + p90 is really getting me where I need to be. Hoping to be at my goal by Jan. 29 (20th birthday) :) Hope everyone else is doing great.

I was banded May 20th. Down 40 lbs and 6 inches in pant size. Had a fill last week and I'm real close to the sweet spot. Eating less and feeling great. It really is worth it. Best wishes to all you other May Bandsters.

i was also banded the 20th. so far have lost 35 lbs and 26 1/2 inches. i had a fill about 8 wks ago of 4 cc's. i don't go back till sept 20th. yes i think i need a fill lol. i am starting to get very frusterated about loosing and then the next week i am at stand still. when i talked to my dr last time i went in he said i was doing awesome and doesn't want me loosing too fast. i still have some restriction tho. monday hubby and i are going to start bike riding. so i'm sure that will help. :) on an upside to it all i went in to see my pcm and had to see another dr but my blood pressure meds were lowered from 20 mg to 10.

Banded May 19th, 2010! I've lost 90.8 pounds since pre-op on May 1st. I love my Band! I have a ways to go and somedays are effortless, while others I struggle with my mind and past addiction to food. I wish everyone the best of luck and future success!

Rebecca

banded 27th of May....5.4 cc in a 14cc band...2 fills of 1cc each later...I'm doing pretty good.

Congrats to all of you!! I was banded on May 24. I have lost 25 lbs. since surgery. I have had two fills with a total of 4cc's. I am a little discouraged after hearing all of your big weight loss numbers, but I have to remember that we are all different. I am not giving up and I know I will reach my goal weight.

Wow. Those are some stunning numbers. Congratulations May Bandsters!

I'm not on here much, mostly just lurking, but I was banded May 20th. My doc is slowwwwww at fills. 1cc then 1cc then 2ccs (me begging) and another 2ccs (me begging again). So, 6 ccs as of just last week in a 14 cc band. It seems like it's taken forever to feel some restriction, which I finally do. I probably need another 1-2ccs but I'm happier with my doc finally. I feel like I lost 3 months of prime weight loss time, though.

In any case, two of my three kids are finally back in morning Kindy and Preschool so I can walk now and start my running (slow jogging) again soon! I'm so excited. It's 1.22 miles to the school and back home. I do it twice on Monday and and once on Tues-Fri. I'm am loving it and hoping it will help melt the weight off. I'm certainly eating a lot less now. (I've been a fairly healthy eater quality-wise since having kids, but I've always made up for that in serious quantity!)

I can't wait to see everyone's progress by Christmastime. Sounds like a lot of people will be close to goal.:cursing:

Congratulations everyone! It looks like we're all losing and that is awesome! :cursing:

Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged if you're not losing as much as you wanted right now. Keep eating right and exercising. Eventually, you'll get to where you want with your fills and you'll keep on getting healthier as a result! :thumbup:

I was banded on May 22nd and am down 45 pounds. I just got my 4th fill this morning and am up to 6 ccs in a 10 cc band. finally feeling restriction.

Continued luck to everyone!

How have you lost 90 lbs since May? I have hardly lost anything & I would truly love to know what you are eating or how much you are exercising! Please help! I want to know what I am doing wrong!

All you people who lost so much weight since May, please please please help me. I have only lost a couple pounds since being banded. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have 3.5 cc in band & go back in 2 wks for a fill. I seriously would like to know how much everyone is exercising or what you are all eating or whatever. I was so excited pre-op now I feel like this is just one more thing I have failed at. Please give me a run down of your daily intakes so I can compare. I expected to lose much more by now than the measely pounds I have lost. I WANT results like you all. Thank you.

I was banded May 14th and have lost 65 pounds since. I feel great but I'm afraid that I'm "losing respect" for my band. I have overeaten and few times (never to the point of vomiting, but some discomfort) and I'm terrified that I've already stretched out my pouch or have caused slippage. I had my second fill a few weeks ago and it is a great amount, but I'm having a hard time adjusting to the restriction this time. I love food and I feel like I'm losing a grip on this addiction again. Is anyone else scared that they've "screwed" something up??? I've been obsessing over this fear so much that it's affecting my head. All I do is think about what damage I've (possibly) done. HELP!!!! :cursing: :thumbup:

skb: I've overate 3 times now, and I still struggle with the addiction to food. The best thing, I believe, is to fess up and keep trying. I did a post about that and all the lovely people who responded reminded me that we aren't perfect, and we have to just go back to the band basics. I doubt you did any major damage, I think that way too but it's mostly self sabotage, don't believe it. If you're seriously worried get another fill under fluroscope. As I type this I'm speaking to myself as well. Let's not think negative, let's keep going and win this fight once and for all!

Good Luck to you, me and us all!

Rebecca