Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded 10/1/10 WOOOHOO

Hi lap band community! Soo excited because after the last month of researching which wls I wanted and seeing different surgeons (self pay) I finally decided on the band today! Yaaay, can't wait..and I'm doing it Oct 1st! Thank God for this site which has been soo helpful in my research and will be a great tool for my post op! :):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congratulations and best of luck to you!! I just had mine done August 17th and so far I am doing wonderful and I am sure you will too!!

weight.png

CONGRATS! You won't be to far ahead of me...I'm getting banded October 6th! Wahoo! I'm excited. Good luck with all your pre-op appts!!! :cursing:

Congrats! My surgeon has penned Oct. 11th for me but it's still pending so good luck to your head start! :cursing:

So happy for you.:cursing: I will get band on 9/20/2010.:smile2: I'm a little nervous but mostly excited :thumbup: I'm so ready to start my new life. My weight has been an issue for over 20 years. But I'm blessed to have a wonderful family and great friends to help me. So Good Luck and post often.

Mytrice

Good luck to all of you!!! I am doing great so far but cant wait to b able to eat regular food!!! Start pureed tomorrow tho so that is a little better than liquid!! Keep up with posting your progress!! :cursing:

Thanks everyone!!! I think the best word for this moment is "anticipation" it''s like I know in 2 weeks(start of preop diet) starts a next chapter in my life.. and a different way of life. It's very bittersweet.. and yes SUPPORT is a BIG part of the picture!! Honestly, I know I have to just rely on Gods strength and not my own! :):smile:

Hi! This is my 1st post. I have my H&P appt. with my surgeon on Tuesday. My surgery date is 10-15-10. I cannot wait and would do it tomorrow if it were possible. Is there anything I should be afraid of. I'm generally not afraid of medical procedures. My daughter is a RN and is not happy I've decided to do this. Good luck to everyone and I'm looking forward to reading more posts and following everyone's progress.

Congrates:) My sugurey date is Oct 20. I am really worried about the two week diet, are you? But also so excited about taking this journey to healthy me. Keep me posted as what to expect. Maybe we can support each other since our surgery dates are so close. Congrats again on taking the first step toward a healthier you:)

Thanks Tannie and congrats to you too! Well I just got back from Napa and def splurged on my fav foods since I won't be able to enjoy them again for awhile. I wouldn't say I'm "nervous" about the pre op diet.. I feel more like I'll be bored bc a lot of my social life evolves around meeting friends for drinks, dates, etc.. I can't really say want to come over for a Protein martini? LOL! BUT in the big picture this is nothing, and it is worth it in the long run. So many people say they wish they would of done the surgery sooner... so I feel sooner is better than later =)

Good luck everyone. I've been banded for just over 2 months and I'm very happy with my decision. The hardest part was the pre-op diet. I woke up in from surgery in a lot more pain then I expected, but I got better very fast every single day.

I hope you are all as happy with your decision as I have been.

Best of luck!

Hi LAP-BAND® community! Soo excited because after the last month of researching which wls I wanted and seeing different surgeons (self pay) I finally decided on the band today! Yaaay, can't wait..and I'm doing it Oct 1st! Thank God for this site which has been soo helpful in my research and will be a great tool for my post op! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats! Its very wise to do your research as to whats best for you. This time last year I was approved for RNY, and went all the way to the holding area prepare to have surgery and had a reality check that it wasnt right for me. I'm now scheduled for lapband and very pleased with the decision, although I'm a big chicken :ohmy: when it comes to medical procedures, I'm comfortable enough with my decision to go through with it. :thumbup: