Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any Smashing Pumpkins Oct 08?

Hi Everyone...been MIA for a little while...just wondering if there were any Smashing Pumpkins which was the group who had surgery in October 2008...just wanted an update on how y'all are doing...

Hello! Yes, I'm a Smashing pumpkin :-) lol

My Bandiversary is on the 14th. I'm down a little over 100 pounds. Not as far as I'd like to be, but hey ! I'll take it !!!!

How are you doing?????

I am always tickled when our group posts!!!! You have both done so well.

I have had several plastic surgeries to correct my "hanging chads", LOL, and need more. There should be insurance for PS for major wt loss ppl because it is reconstructive not just "cosmetic". Those batwings are HEAVY!!!!!!

I am a little overfilled and have reflux issues but am afraid my over zealous doc will take out too much when I go next week. I am consulting with him for port relocation and changing to a low profile port. I look like an alien head is fixing to pop out of my mid-section.

I am still working on my "head" vision of myself...when ppl refer to me as tiny a get kind of self derogatory!!!

I hope many more 10/08 ppl post.

Mimi

Wow you both have done FANTASTIC! As of today I'm down 103 lbs! I know I could have done better...but I've fought a lot of emotional eating to get these 103 lbs down! I think I'm up to 6.3 cc's in a 10 cc band. I'm suppose to go back Sept 1 to get a fill...but not sure I need one. I'm at the point where I've only been getting .3 cc's when I go...hate having to pay all that money just for that much...and I wonder how the heck can that much really make a difference but it does!

I want to weigh 180...i'm at 238 this morning from 341...So I've got about 58 more lbs to goal! I already have a lot of loose skin ESPECIALLY at my belly...so I will definitely be having weight loss surgery. I just worry about the SCARRING!! How are yours healing?

It is so nice to touch base with you and see that comparable that we've done fabulous! Keep it up Smashing Pumpkins!!

Congratulations on your wonder wt loss....that is nothing to sneeze at!!!! It does sound like you could put off your Sept fill for a while....it sure does get expensive.

The scarring will fade a lot...there is some kind of cold laser treatment I am having done on my arm scars and if it works well I may think about my belly scar. I would rather have the scars than the extra skin, for sure!!!!

Good luck on your last few pounds!!!!

Mimi