Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How the heck do you do this?

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I am trying to download a picture on the X-mas exchage page and I have my picture in "MY PICTURES" but I can not get it to here now. Please, can anyone help me?

I don't believe this sites supports picture hosting/uploading, which means the picture you want to share has to be on a webserver, not just your personal PC.

There are a lot of free image hosting services out there. I don't use them but shutterfly is supposed to be pretty easy to use. If you want to email me your pic I can put it on my webserver and send you the URL you would need to put in your message for the pic to show.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

What is a webserver? How do you get your pictures to one?

Ok, here's the skinny version.

A webserver is a server computer that kind of sits on the internet. Your computer has internet access, but is not "on" the internet. In order for files to be viewable online, they have to be on a webserver -- everything yuo see on the web resides on a webserver. Just like you can look at pictures on your local PC, we can all look at pictures on a webserver.

Run a search for "free image hosting" and you'll find places that have webservers, and that will put your pictures n their webserver for everyone to see.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

ok I installed Shutterfly and my picture is there now. How do I get it to this site?

Nevemind, I just saw how you can attach pictures here. I never even sawe this before. Click "Post Reply" and you'll see an "Additional Options" area below the message field. Click the "Manage Attachments" option to upload your pic. I'll add a screenshot to help you see what I mean.

-------------------------------------------------

screenshot.png

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Wheetsin ....I GOT IT yeah. I still would like to know how to use the shutterfly I have installed though. thanks again.

Not sure, I've never used Shutterfly. Try getting your picture to where you can see it, right-click on it, and go to Properties. Next to "Location" it should have a URL that starts with http:// Copy that whole line and paste it up here. Then I can test it and see whether or not they allow direct linking, or if you have to be a member to see others' pics.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Hey I think it works now. Thanks Wheetsin

No problem. Now if you want the pic to show instead of the link to the pic, just click the "Insert Picture" button. A pop-up will show wanting you to enter a URL, so just type in what you pasted above. Then when you post the image will be displayed.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

see if this works

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Boy oh boy I am learning all kinds of new stuff today.......thanks AGAIN!!!