Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I have just returned home from hospital after having my band yesterday. Like you I was very scared, and cried a little on the way to the anaesthetic room.

I woke up after the op in quite a lot of pain, but they gave me morphine straight away which solved it. I also felt sick, and thought that I was going to be, but I had an anti vomitting shot in my leg, and I was okay after that.

I slept on and off throughout the evening, and had some spasms in my belly and shoulders this morning which they said was gas,and I was advised to continue with the pain releif, and have been okay since.

I am very tired, and am just taking it easy.

You will be fine, I feel a lot better now, and it is just over 24 hours since I had my op.

I am hoping for a good sleep tonight!

Take care, and try not to worry.

Jane

The one thing I had to relearn, if you are a "belly" sleeper, whereas you like to sleep on your stomach face down in the bed, go ahead and start training yourself to sleep on you back, I wasnt able to sleep on my stomach for nearly 3 weeks post OP, not so much from the SG, but from the stitches holding my port into the muscle, that muscle was SORE lol

Had mine done 9 months ago.......got to the hospital at 6 AM and was home by 11 AM. The only thing I work up feeling was woozy and thirsty!! So don't make the mistake I did and start gulping down any liquids.....that's really the only time I hurt. Later I realized that pain is the same pain I still feel if I eat too much.

Of course you are sore........but really - nothing that the pain meds can't take care of.........and Knaroz is correct - don't plan on sleeping on your stomach or left side for awhile. Most doctors place the port left upper side of your body, next to your ribs.

Good luck - you'll be fine!

I was very nervous. I have never done anything like this or had any type of slightly major surgery. For me, it did hurt especially the port incision. I couldn't sleep in my bed for 2 weeks. I slept on the couch and the was the most comfortable place me to sleep. It will pass though. You will heal and everything will be ok! :(

I had my surgery at 10:00 am and was home by 12:30. I think that if you go in with the attitude that it's going to be fine, it will be. The pain was not as bad as I was expecting, and I did use my lortab for two days. I slept most of that time because I wanted my body to heal. I would most definitely recommend sleeping.

I've had my band since March and have not PB'd or anything. I think as long as you listen to your body and remember to chew and take small bites, you should be fine. :(

Yeah mine started at 8AM, Dr spoke to my wife at 830 telling her he was done and I was in Recovery at like 9AM, left at like 3PM. Apparently my "bladder" was still asleep. Plus my IV was bent and infiltrated so I wasn't getting the fluids they were pumping into me to make me pee. 10 glasses of Water finally fixed that lol.

Hi,

I had mine 8 days ago, I went to mexico and was in hospital for 2 days. I had no nausea and my pain was well controlled with toradol. I spoke to my anesthesiologist about my fear of post op nausea and he gave me something and it worked well. I have been sore but within 4 days I am using childrens tylenol and it is working fine. Be sure you are nothing by mouth the night before and follow that to the letter, the pre op diet does help to lose a quick 7-10 lbs and that helps make room in there for the surgeon too.Follow the diet progressions after wards and you will do great!