Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 14th - Starting My Journey

I will be banded on September 14th, 2010. I am very anxious, nerveous, and scared! I hope this works for me as I have seen so many wonderful photos that I pray for the same results. I am a mother of two beautiful daughters ages 5 & 7 and I want my energy back to keep up with them. I am on the journey to finding "Me" again! I would love any friends along the way as no one in my family knows about this but my husband. He is so very supportive, but there are others that just "wouldn't get it". Hope we can join the journey together! Good luck everyone!

Hi Wah.mom. I will be banded on September 2nd. I am doing my pre-op diet and getting a little nervous the closer it gets to becoming a reality. Looking forward to going through this journey together.

I have been reading a lot of the post-op boards and they are very encouraging as well. I am hoping to go back to work the following Tuesday. The more I read the more I believe it is very possible I can go back without a problem.

September is almost here.

I go September 21rst, 1rst time post from Chicago.

I got 115lbs to go. Where do I get my weight loss meter everyone has that shows date & pounds to go....

Thanks,

Mr Nov

hi all!

I'm going sept 16th and can't wait to just get to that date, you know? I'm excited and nervous. My dh was banded in december, so that helps a little with the anxiety.

Mr. Nov - if you go to a site called tickerfactory.com you can make the little countdown thing there. then you cut and paste the code into your signature.

:o

I think I did this right. Is it ok talk talk about our "Last Meals" before lapband surgery. I've got til Sep 27, Gotta get my favorite foods before it's to late!

Ha

Bob Novak aka "MrNov"

weight.png

I just recieved my official date...Sept 27th! I think the reality of it is finally setting in...I am so so so excited about this. Good luck to everyone this month! I think it will be really great to keep up with eachother on this site! :thumbup:

Received my approval last Thursday and have surgery date set for Sept 20th! Start the pre-op diet on Saturday! I am ready and excited. Anxious for what is to come, but know this is the right decision for me!

Hello everyone. My name is Sai Ling and I will be having my LAP-BAND® placement on September 13th. I'm really excited/scared about the whole thing. I know I am doing the right thing. My insurance is paying all but 1800.00 dollars of the surgery. Therefore, there's no time like the present and I have nothing holding me back..

I finished nursing school just as I promised I would and then promised I would lose the weight after school. Two years later, I'm finally to the point in my life that I have to do this. I've spent the a month and a half doing everything that needed to be done for my insurance to accept me.

Just the idea of not having to shop in the plus size clothes section someday is so foreign to me. It's been so long since I've wanted to go shopping FOR ME, I can hardly imagine doing it. Isn't that odd?:cursing:

Hi friends :couch2: My surgery is scheduled for September 22nd; I'm currently on day 2 of Pre-op. Things are going well....scooting right along. I've realized over the past 24 hours how addicted I was too food. Actually happy I'm on this pre-op plan as I know it will make me better adjusted post-op.

Good luck girls! :blushing:

Hi all! I had my lap band surgery on September 14th! It's now day 3 after surgery and I'm healing quickly. I haven't felt "full" or "hungry" yet, but I am making sure to keep with the recommended diet and getting everything that I need in during the day. I do have a headache after I eat or drink, is this normal? I wonder if I'm eating/drinking too much or too quickly.

I will be banded on September 14th, 2010. I am very anxious, nerveous, and scared! I hope this works for me as I have seen so many wonderful photos that I pray for the same results. I am a mother of two beautiful daughters ages 5 & 7 and I want my energy back to keep up with them. I am on the journey to finding "Me" again! I would love any friends along the way as no one in my family knows about this but my husband. He is so very supportive, but there are others that just "wouldn't get it". Hope we can join the journey together! Good luck everyone!

So WAH.MOM.... how is it going?????? Good? Bad? Share!

I go in on Thursday......

I was banded on the 14 th too. I really would like to have someone to talk to on this journey too. Everyday is going to be a little better, that is what i keep telling myself.:thumbup:

Hi!

I was banded on Sept 14th, 2010 and then re-banded on Friday, September the 17th. I had swelling of the esophagus and it was spasming. The pain was significant. I'm okay now. I'd love to keep in touch with you to see how it goes from time to time!

So WAH.MOM.... how is it going?????? Good? Bad? Share!

I go in on Thursday......

Well, its been a week and I am doing pretty good! I will admit I am more sore than I thought I would be, but that could be an age issue :biggrin: My surgery went well, my biggest fear was getting nauseated and throwing up afterwards and making the band slip. I met with the anesthesiologist a week prior to surgery so they knew that I get very sick from being put under. They gave me a patch behing the ear to keep on for three days, medication in my iv, and some pills. NO NAUSEA!! YAHOO. The surgery was at 7:15 and was back in my room by 9:00. I am 15 pounds down from my first weigh at the clinic. I am on mushy foods and have had no issues with that. The first week I was not very hungry at all so I really had to make sure to keep fluids in me so I didn't get dehydrated. Now, I can tell if I eat too much, it feels like the food is stuck in my throat, so I have to stick to the 1/2 cup per meal. Once not thinking I popped some ibuprofen (5) tablets and took a bunch of Water to wash them down, didn't work, up they came. So, little things like that I need to remember, take it slow and one at a time. Its only been one week since surgery, but I am not regretting one moment of pain!:)

hi all!

I'm going sept 16th and can't wait to just get to that date, you know? I'm excited and nervous. My dh was banded in december, so that helps a little with the anxiety.

Mr. Nov - if you go to a site called tickerfactory.com you can make the little countdown thing there. then you cut and paste the code into your signature.

:biggrin:

How did your surgery go? It's been a week and 2 days for me, so far so good! What is going on with you?