Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded for almost a week now...

Hi guys!

I was banded last friday... so tomorrow's a week! Today is the first day I feel pretty good. I was on hydrocodone until Tuesday afternoon, then decided to save my last dose or two just in case my first day back at work wears me out. So I'm on tylenol and yesterday I was miserable. Aside from surgery day, yesterday was the worst. But overnight it changed, I slept (although not comfortably yet), and I woke up and just sat up and got out of bed... no moments of thinking I would be stuck there!

About to hop in the shower. My incisions look good, one is still draining a little but not too much. Have post op on Tuesday next week.

Still having trouble getting enough liquids in during the day. And need to do more deep breathing because I started a little cough last night. Feeling hungry for the first time too... and have another week of liquids to suffer through!!!

So far, so good!!! :thumbup:

This is my 4th day being banded and the first day i felt pretty good. Glad to hear your feeling better. yesterday i had bad shoulder gas pain. today almost none. port site is still sore. not really eating. trying to keep up with Protein Shakes and Water. sleeping is fun lol from the bed to the couch, but slowly getting better.

Congratulations! Only seven days ago you were having major surgery and under anesthesia. I am surprised when I read posts from people who are going back to work a few days after surgery. My surgeon and anesthesiologist advised me that for the first four or five days I would sleep much more than I normally do and boy were they right. Like you about day seven is when I finally felt I could get out of bed without wincing. Its really important to do your breathing exercises or you run the risk of bronchitis or pneumonia. I too had the same issue with the Fluid intake. I got permission to drink low calorie Gatorade which helped immensely. Good luck and sounds like you're on the road to recovery!

It will be exactly a week for me tmrw also. Yesterday was one of the worst days. The gas ws nt moving & I ws in tears. Tmrw is my first day back to work and I hope I mk it thru. My appetite is slowly cmng bk.I have no saline in my band yet and I am weary of gettn it bc I dnt wnt a bad reaction while I'm at work. But time will tell

Hi guys!

I was banded last friday... so tomorrow's a week! Today is the first day I feel pretty good. I was on hydrocodone until Tuesday afternoon, then decided to save my last dose or two just in case my first day back at work wears me out. So I'm on tylenol and yesterday I was miserable. Aside from surgery day, yesterday was the worst. But overnight it changed, I slept (although not comfortably yet), and I woke up and just sat up and got out of bed... no moments of thinking I would be stuck there!

About to hop in the shower. My incisions look good, one is still draining a little but not too much. Have post op on Tuesday next week.

Still having trouble getting enough liquids in during the day. And need to do more deep breathing because I started a little cough last night. Feeling hungry for the first time too... and have another week of liquids to suffer through!!!

So far, so good!!! :thumbup:

I was banded on Monday, so tomorrow is Day 5. I have had a lot burping and gas pains. I also find it hard to get enough to drink since I am not very hungry and get full fast. My incision is still very sore and getting in and out of bed is sometimes a pain. I did notice that the port site is a bit more swollen the the other 2 incisions. I am hoping that it is just still swollen and will go down. It definately sticks out a bit. Any suggestions on how to get more in me during the day? I want to drink enough that I am still loosing. Any good suggestions for the gas and burping?

I was banded on Monday, so tomorrow is Day 5. I have had a lot burping and gas pains. I also find it hard to get enough to drink since I am not very hungry and get full fast. My incision is still very sore and getting in and out of bed is sometimes a pain. I did notice that the port site is a bit more swollen the the other 2 incisions. I am hoping that it is just still swollen and will go down. It definately sticks out a bit. Any suggestions on how to get more in me during the day? I want to drink enough that I am still loosing. Any good suggestions for the gas and burping?

i was advised to drink 1-2 oz of Fluid (water, crystal lite, Protein drinks) every 15 min...so i have a shot glass ready for when i need it next week 7 more days to go till i'm in bandland:eek:

the shot glass is kind of fun for water! I like it.

Still have not achieved 64oz of liquid, but getting close!

I made instant pudding with skim milk and a couple scoops of unflavored Protein powder, so I'm getting 10g Protein in 1/4 c pudding. So that's helping get the protein in. I just need to get more fluid!

but it's been a week today and I feel pretty good. slept well last night, wasn't as sore and achy when i woke up... didn't even take tylenol yet today!

Kids know I'm feeling better because they've been at each other's throats this morning and I'm getting to be the yelling bad guy again. FUN TIMES!!!