Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad foods love the hole

Guest unlocked

Guest unlocked

Ten months and only down 57lbs-still have good restriction especially in the morning--Having the band does not take away the cravings. Chips-cookies-fries-brownies all do down very well. Steak-chicken-veggies-fruit won't go down well at all--Help!-Doing Protein smoothies to try to get protein in. My weight loss has stopped-I know it is the food. Also the reasons why I ate are still there. Do I need therapy?????????/

I know when I was feeling too tight in the morning throughout the afternoon I went back to the advise of my dr before I had surgery. Big lunch - light dinner. It has sure made a difference. I had found myself not being able to each much in the morning and early afternoon and then beginning in the later afternoon through night - POW - able to eat anything so my cravings were right there.

I went on to a liquid diet for 1 day to get the swelling down (that's what happens - after you eat a big meal you swell making the next meal tighter) then the next day started eating my larger meal at lunch and then a light dinner like Soup for dinner. I didn't notice a change the first day, but on the second day I found I was not nearly as hungry in the afternoon and evening time. It helped my cravings, too.

Good luck!

Guest mindmagic14

My first time here. So truth be known I tried a chinese spare rib today & will never do that again! Learned my lesson. Vomited lots. The band is fine thank God. Haven't eaten very much today. Figured I better let my stomach rest. I would love to hear from folk talking what food are real no no's? Operated on 3/6/05. Dr. Bertha in NJ. 30 lbs so far with no fills. I want to see how far I casn go with no fills. Need to lose 50 more.

Since I'm not supposed to be playing around in LBT at work, I'm trying to limit myself to only 5 posts each morning. But when I saw the title to this one I stopped counting and started laughing. Even though it's not a laughing matter, my hole has a bottomless pit when it comes to junk food. One would think chips would get stuck. Apples get stuck. chicken gets stuck. But quesadillas slide right down the hole along with candy, popcorn and anything else bad for me.

I'm a member of the junky pouch too! Only crappy junk food, shakes and creamy Soups go down well until later evening... I tend to go most of the day barely eating unless it's... cream soup... by evening I'm starving and eat whatever I can get in quick :rolleyes: My weight-loss has come to a screeching halt, and it's no wonder! Crunchy nacho chips go right down, but a bite of steak feels like a heart attack and chicken creates more slime than nickelodeon! WTF Mate?!

Morning--Kashi Go-Lean Crunch-aka Colon blow cereal-tough to get down this morning.

The chocolate covered mint grahams crackers on the back table at work?

Slide right on down like buttah!