Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Endo results -- NOT GOOD!!

Just got home from the Endo test.

I have cried and now all I am is numb. TO those that I have already spoken with thank you for your words of encouragement.

Yes, I have eroded as well. I am enclosing pictures of the erosion.

Dr. Billy seems to think mine eroded due to all the problems I had with my port issues. That makes lots of sense to me.

He also said he didn't see the erosion on the initial pass through and only caught it after the turned the camera around and looked back on itself. It was hiding the little bugger. You can see that in the second page of pics Number 16 shows the slight white area to the right.

SIGH!! I am making this short as I am rushing to get everything in order before I go back to Ventura and get checked into the hospital for surgery which is tonight at around 7p. I will be in the hospital for tonight, tomorrow, and be released the next day if all goes well. We are not anticipating any complications. He is doing the surgery laparoscopically. Thank goodness I don't have to be cut wide open for this surgery.

At this point, I am just wanting to get this thing OUT and begin to heal and then get through the holidays. After that I will think about what my options are regarding anything else.

I will be out of touch for a few days. I will call Christina or Lisa and let them know how I am doing and they can post for me.

I love you all.

PS: Take care of your bands people. FOLLOW the rules. If you are too tight get an unfill and learn to cope. PLEASE!!!!!! This is too much to deal with right now. I am a mess.

HUGS

Pictures to follow.

Page one of the erosion. You can see the erosion on pic 10 really well. That white thingy is the band eroded into my stomach.

post-204009-13813132500785_thumb.jpg

OH PENNI :) I am SO SO Sorry to hear this news.

Please know my heart goes out to you and I will pray for your safe surgery and recovery this evening.. This is very disheartening news.. God bless you..

I have also scheduled a barium swallow and EGD.. sigh. :)

OH NO !!!!!!!!!! This is not the news I wanted to hear. I'm so sorry. I am sure by the time you read this, you would have already gone through your surgery. Things are moving so fast for you-a whirlwind. I'm sure you don't even have a minute to think about anything.

Aw Sh*& . That just stinks !!! Will say a special prayer for Penni tonite

Oh no!!! My heart is so sad for you. I am so glad that they could schedule your surgery so quickly for you, and that you will be on the road to recovery very soon.

My poor sweet girl! All of my love and prayers for a fast surgery and fast healing.

Lots of Love, ~Kelly

penni, I am so sorry to hear this. This is a lesson to me to learn to take care of my band and follow the rules, because I may not have it forever. I will pray for you.

Thanks for calling me, You're all I've been thinking about.

These pic's really show details.

God Bless your in good hands.

Penni,

I am so sorry for your news. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I am wishing you the best.

((((hugs))))

-Debra

Penni, can you put those pointer arrows for those of us non-medical people that only see blobs? Thanks for calling me... I'll call you before I leave. Sucks.

While in the midst of running around getting ready for my surgery I decided to call Inamed and report this erosion. I talked to Craig Arthur and just chewed his ear off. Spoke about accountability for the Mexico doctors and how they don't report complications and what is Inamed going to do about them not following through. He said there is nothing in place that gives Inamed the power to 'make' the Mexico doctors report any complication. SIGH!! No surprise there.

I suggested that every 2 to 3 years EVERY surgeon be recertified to place the Inamed bands. He said he would pass along this suggestion but even if they did this it would not cut down on the rates of complications. I said it would be a start anyway.

He said the suggested technique for placement is NOT the perigastric now but the paraplas something or other. He said they cannot INFORCE the surgeons to use the other technique even though it seems to cut down on the rate of erosions. HMMM!!! Interesting!!

Anyway, I had to do something to burn off my steam before the surgery. I am just trying to find a reason for the erosion. I spoke with my daughter just a minute ago and she cried with me on the phone and said something very profound. "Mom, you are a strong woman and there is a reason you have to go through this right now. I think it is because you had to learn something and get stronger for YOU. Now that you have done that it is time to let the band go and stand on your own two feet." Isnt' that a wonderful thought? I will take that to the OR with me.

Love all you guys and I am sure there will be lots more reflections to come.