Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Month Supervised Diet and No PCP

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I contacted my insurance company about the qualification requirements and I was told I need to do a 6 month physician supervised diet. I recently moved to Tampa, FL and need to find a PCP. I called a local doctor's office today and they told me that they do not do supervised diets and that which ever surgeon I choose would direct me to a PCP that they are affiliated with. I was unable to attend a seminar this month and the next one for the surgeon I would like to go to (Dr. Jessee) doesn't have another seminar until September 13th. I would really like to start the supervised diet as soon as possible. Should any doctor be able to do this or should I wait until the next seminar and ask the surgeon?

Thank you!!!!!!

I think if you called the surgeon's office, they might be able to give you some names (without waiting for the next seminar). Technically you could probably go to any PCP for this, but the plus of going to someone recommended by the surgeon is that the doctor would be very familiar with the type of documentation needed...

There was a guy in my nutrition class whose doctor didn't record the correct info and the guy had to start the 6 month diet over again.

HI there,

I live in the Tampa area as well and had my surgery with Dr. Jessee too! When I had to do my 6 month supervised diet I would just make an appointment with my PCP each month. As a matter of fact I always see the PAC in the office...she is fantastic. She filled out all my paperwork, wrote my letter and everything.

The practice is Bayside Physicians Group. The doctors are Christine Torres and Christopher Blazejowski. They have several PACs, but Kim Gore rocks. You should call and see if they take your insurance and new patients. They have been my PCP for almost 10 years.

I hope this helps!

Good luck,

Deb

Thank you both so much! I am so excited to get this 6 month diet over with!

Deb -

I'm pretty sure that they accept my insurance (according to UHC's website) so I'm going to call them tomorrow to verify and see if they are also accepting new patients! Thank you SO much for the tip!!! :smile2: