Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded today all by myself!!!

I'm so excited I got banded today but I feel a little guilty b/c nobody knows! I am single and living in a new city and had decided I definatly needed a new start.

I told a little fib at work and told them i was having a different procedure to explain the time off. I just don't feel like telling anybody and not sure if i will want too. I have alot of friends but they are spread out living in different cities. My mom and dad are having their own struggles (dad just had major surgery thursday) and I didn't want to worry them.

I took a cab to and from the hospital today (I only live a mile away) so I didn't think it was a big deal. I did really well! The surgery was at 7:30am and I was home by 11am. The nurse told me i was a strong little fireball! I am out walking circles in my courtyard every 3 hours (2 laps, 3 laps, then 4) and I am done for the day...don't want to OVER do it.

I am just really proud of myself for doing this all on my own :lol: and am just wondering if I should be feeling guilty or if it was wrong not to ask for any help from family, friends, or co-workers.

What do ya'll think? Anyone else taking this on by themselves??? Am I crazy to do this??

thank you Mimi!!!!!

how great of you! I am excited for you and you should be proud of yourself! I wasn't going to tell my parents either bc my mother is very ill and my dad is already over-worried bc of her situation, but I couldn't help myself, I had to tell my mom - then of course she told dad. lol Stick with it!! You'll do great!!

I have to admit that you are pretty darn amazing! I dont know if i could have done the surgery with noone there for me! I myself havent told everyone, only the people that mean the most to me. Im sorry you dont have anyone there to support you, but you have lots of friends here. We are the support system for everyone here. I love getting on here & getting advice & getting answers to my many many questions. You are gonna do wonderful at losing your weight, cuz you've already done all this by yourself. You have to be a very strong person to do that! Good luck to you in your journey. Keep in touch to let us all know how it all goes. By the way, im having my Pre Op August 18th & my surgery August 27th. Im so excited! I hope it all goes well & as planned.:lol:

I'm so excited I got banded today but I feel a little guilty b/c nobody knows! I am single and living in a new city and had decided I definatly needed a new start.

I told a little fib at work and told them i was having a different procedure to explain the time off. I just don't feel like telling anybody and not sure if i will want too. I have alot of friends but they are spread out living in different cities. My mom and dad are having their own struggles (dad just had major surgery thursday) and I didn't want to worry them.

I took a cab to and from the hospital today (I only live a mile away) so I didn't think it was a big deal. I did really well! The surgery was at 7:30am and I was home by 11am. The nurse told me i was a strong little fireball! I am out walking circles in my courtyard every 3 hours (2 laps, 3 laps, then 4) and I am done for the day...don't want to OVER do it.

I am just really proud of myself for doing this all on my own :lol: and am just wondering if I should be feeling guilty or if it was wrong not to ask for any help from family, friends, or co-workers.

What do ya'll think? Anyone else taking this on by themselves??? Am I crazy to do this??

Dont feel bad girl!!! You did something for yourself..and you were being very selfless in doing so!! Good Luck to you!!!:lol:

**YEAH**

I admire you... this is just one of many obstacles you will hurdle - this being about the hardest; the rest will be easy for ya!

I did it all by myself to. Now that I think about I think I'm pretty amazing or stupid, hahah

Good for you! And I wouldn't feel a bit guilty! Just don't foret to ask for help when you need it and know that you aren't alone when you have a good group like this behind ya!

Thank you so much everyone for all the positive feedback! I do think this msg board will give me alot of support. In fact it already has! :(

Now if i got just get rid of these gas pains...ugh! My shoulder and the stich in my side are killing me!!

Don't feel guilty, just take care of yourself, rest and keep walking. The gas pains will stop before long. You will love your band. I have told very few people and am glad of it. When you see your friends and family again, they won't believe their eyes!

Hey, I was banded to day too! Congrats.

I have told very few people, as I feel this is my personal journey and not anyone's business. We live in a different state than most of our family and friends so they didn't have to know.

I too had some pretty bad gas pain in the hospital about an hour before going home. I got up and walked around and it went away almost immediately! I'm having a little right now too but I keep changing positions and walking around my house hoping it doesn't get too bad. Good luck with it, I hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

Wow, you go girl !!!! You sound like an amazing person!!!

I am happy to hear of someone like you. I am booked to have my surgery in October and I was not planning on telling anyone.

I know that some of my friends would try and talk me out of it. So, i feel it would just be easier to keep this to myself.

Good luck on you journey, please keep posting, i would love to hear how you are doing.

Good for you girl! I kind of wish I hadn't told anyone, because now everyone is looking me up and down to see if I'm losing. Jeez, it's only been 3 weeks, gimme a break :(

Tracy