Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous about not being approved

hi everyone my name is stephanie and I am new on this site. I am 5'0 and weigh 206 giving me a BMI of 40.2. Im so nervous that I am not going to be approved. I read alot of these sites and they say u must have a BMI of 40 so I just make it. I see alot of u had lower BMI's so maybe there is hope for me. Please if any of u have advice Id appreciate it. Thanks

Stephanie, Hello!!!

What is your insurance company? you can call and ask what their list of pre-reqs are for bariatric surgery. You should be fine if you have coverage.

Good luck !

~Jennifer

Hey Jennifer thanks for the welcome :cursing: I have blue cross blue shield, so Ill call them tomorrow and see what their requirements are...I have my seminar on tuesday, so we shall see...I also see ure surgery is on tuesday..congrats!!! and good luck!!

Hey Stephanie,

Wish I could help but I will be self pay:(

Hopefully you will find out you have coverage but if not is Mexico an option. I am not going to Mexico but so many people have really loved thier surgeons.

I was just denied by my insurance company.. I did EVERYTHING that was required, all for 7 months, but then after all was done I was pretty much told that I haven't been fat enough for long enough....

They require a 2 year period of having a BMI of 40+ or 35+ with co-morbidities.... Well, Ive been fat most of my life, expect a few months here and there... I have been over 200 lbs for at least 7 years... But Ive only been BMI of 40 for 9 months... :) and i have no co-morbidities... So I was denied.

So now I will be self paying... I won't let my insurance dictate my future and my life. Don't they believe in a thing call PREVENTION?

So yeah, I would say, call your insurance company and get ALL the info about their requirements and policies about WLS. Good Luck and WELCOME! :cursing:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches