Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I had to ask.. Did anyone eat commercial baby food in the mushy or soft food phases post-op?

Several people that I know that have already been through this process said that yes they did do the baby food in the pureed and soft stages. They also made some of their own foods too, such as carrots, my brother told me to buy a Magic Bullet since it will do lots of things like puree, and will shred meat like chicken etc.

I bought an immersion blender last night that comes with a couple of snap on cups. Maybe that will work for tender meat and veggies, though my main thought was quick and easy Protein Shakes.< /p>

My dietician recommended not using baby food but instead making regular food mushy. Her issue was the amount of sugar in baby food.

I personally recommend mashed potatoes, well cooked green Beans, warmed cheese and refried beans, egg salad, tuna salad, and Cereal soaked in milk and drained.

I tried it and to be honest it tasted like crap LOL I agree with other posters blend your own stuff- so much better tasting!

My doctor is a no potatoes or cereal kind of guy. :)

Do you puree tuna and egg salad?

What I was thinking was just using baby food meat to add Protein to stuff like refried Beans, or whatever.

I ate organic baby food with no added sugar and honestly, the fruit flavors weren't bad at all, but the chicken/beef etc. were AWFUL! The kind I had was really high in proetin though so I ate it.

What I was thinking was just using baby food meat to add Protein to stuff like refried Beans, or whatever.

I personally don't like baby food but it's fine if you stick to the whole fruit and veggie ones. Don't buy the dessert ones. Any of them that say medley have added sugars.

I chop up the egg/tuna salad very well and I eat it very slowly. I also have drained vegetable Soup and just eat the soft veggies.

My doc is, too--and I've been really happy with the results.

Baby food isn't a route I'd take---too many additives. The meats are so gross that most babies hate them!

I pureed chicken and ground beef and tuna in the Magic Bullet---they were really the only Proteins, other than Beans, that didn't repulse me in a pureed form, mainly because they just ended up being ground a bit more finely than ground beef.

Ok, I had to ask.. Did anyone eat commercial baby food in the mushy or soft food phases post-op?

I did. I love the organic bananas and especially the apples n oatmeal one! They came in a package marked only on the cardboard, so once I took the little container out you could not see it said Baby Food. It was easy for me to carry for a quick snack when Id go out of town.

Could only eat one bite of the yellow squash -- yucky.

hiddn