Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MY PRE OP DATE IS SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 18. IM WONDERING THOUGH WHAT ALL DOES THIS CONSIST OF? WHAT TESTS WILL BE PERFORMED? I KNOW I WILL HAVE TO FILL OUT PAPERWORK BUT SHE ALSO TOLD ME I WILL HAVE TO DO BLOODWORK IF THE DOCTOR REQUIRES IT. THEY KEEP TELLING ME THAT THE NURSE WILL LET ME KNOW THE DAY OF THE PRE OP WHAT TESTS ARE REQUIRED. MY THING IS THAT I HAD BLOOD WORK DONE IN JUNE. I THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH. BASICALLY IM JUST SCARED OF THE TESTS COMING BACK WITH BAD RESULTS & THAT HOLDS BACK THE SURGERY DATE. I TOTALLY HAVE MY HOPES UP BUT IM AFRAID ITS ALL GONNA GET ME DOWN IF I FIND OUT ABOUT BAD RESULTS. :):thumbup:

I just had my pre-op tests done on Monday.

I was a little nervous about it too but It was a breeze.

As soon as I finished doing my paperwork, not much just general questions at this point they have all your info in the computer, the nurse called me back into the room.

They took my BP. Then a nurse took my blood . They took 10 small tubes of blood which was a little eek!! but not painful. Oh, while they are doing all that they give you pre-op instructions on what to do or not to do before surgery and they tell you when the hospital will call you to tell you when to come in for surgery.

Then they did an EKG on me easy peezy, no disrobing just pulling my blouse up . Wear a skirt and blouse or slacks and blouse so you don't have to take it all off.

After that I was sent to speak to the anesthesiologist which took all of 5 minutes if that.

After that I was sent in for a chest x-ray which was fine over in 5 minutes.

Done!! I was in at 9 and finished by about 10:15 . Get there a little earlier if you can they give us appt's but it's mostly 1st come 1st serve.

Even though you did bloodwork in June this is to be sure you're in tip-top shape for the surgery so just grin and bear it.

My PCP got the results yesterday and everything was fine for my surgery coming up on Monday 8/16.

It is a bother but this is how they make sure that you can withstand the surgery and have no underlying problems. If your results were good in June they'll still be good . Don't worry about anything.

I wish you the best.

Edited by msdv

THANK YOU SO MUCH MSDV!! YOU ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. I ACTUALLY JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE NURSE & SHE TOLD ME EVERYTHING EXACTLY AS YOU TOLD ME! I WAS SO GLAD TO HEAR IT. SHE SAID THAT THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANYTHING TO KEEP ME FROM HAVING THE SURGERY. SHE ASSURED ME EVERYTHING WILL GO GREAT & THEN THEY WILL GIVE ME THE TIME TO SHOW UP FOR THE SURGERY. I AM SO EXCITED FOR US! WE ARE ON OUR WAY TO A HEALTHIER HAPPIER LIFE! I CANT WAIT TO GO SHOPPING FOR "LITTLE" CLOTHES! MY HUSBAND TOLD ME THAT IM GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN DOING MY SHOPPING. IT WILL BE A NO HOLDS BARRED SITUATION! GOOD LUCK TO YOU & THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE INFO YOU GAVE ME. YOU TOTALLY PUT MY MIND AT EASE! LETS KEEP IN TOUCH!:thumbup::thumbup:

Great !! I'm glad you feel better and I was able to help.

It was my pleasure. :wink2:

Sometimes I'm afraid my posts are too long winded but I know I had questions and I like to know everything, so I tell as much as I know.

My PCP actually put me at ease yesterday. I asked him what are the chances of me dying ? can I have a stroke? can I have a heart attack? I know crazy.... but he assured me that's why they do all the pre-op testing to try to insure that those types of things don't happen.

We just have to get through the surgery which a lot say is a piece of cake and then we'll be on to our new life .

We'll be buying clothes and shoes and bags and putting our hubby's into debt :)

I can't wait !! Come and join us in the August Rush 2010 thread if you haven't already so we can keep tabs on each other.

I'm also on Bandedliving.com

I started this process in March and am getting banded this Tuesday! My process included the following:

appointment and referal from my PCP and endocrinologist

group informational session with a dietician, social worker, nurse case manager and insurance navigator.

blood work

chest x-rays

cardiac clearance

pulmonary clearance with two sleep studies,

appointment with a social worker

appointment with a dietician

pyschological clearance

attending a group counseling session

pre op physical

more bloodwork

pre admission meeting with a nurse

final meeting with surgeon

SURGERY ON AUG 17

It can be quite a lenghy process but it is well worth it. Don't be afraid, if you are with a good office, they will walk you through every step of the way and answer all of your questions. I started with one program and had a really bad feeling. Something told me it just wasn't right for me. I then switched to program an hour away from me and was so happy that I did. I know I made the right decision and found the staff that I wanted to work with during this process. You must feel comfortable with the office and your surgeon.

Let me know if you have any quesitons. I am more than happy to help in any way that I can. My best to you!

Thank you ladies both so much! I'm hoping all is well with you both. I'm anxious to hear how both of yall are doing. Yes, we will be doing our SKINNY shopping & loving it! I will join the August Rush & keep up with everyone. Good luck to you both! Lets keep in touch. I love making new friends. Im a very big people person. :lol: