Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my surgery in Dec 2007. Went from 217 to 165 in 4 months! Now I've been stalled for 2 years!

Let me be clear....it is my fault! I have made no effort....and have just mainatined. But I'm done with that!!! My goal was 130...and I want to get to it! 130 may seem low....but it would be very average for a person my size.

I am getting married next fall....so I have about a year. I would really like to meet my goal before the wedding...to look beautiful in my gown....but also to be a healthy weight when we try for a baby!

I am going for a fill this morning! But I forget where to begin!!! I obviously know the stages...liquids, mushies solids....yadayada... My surgeon is strict with that and I will have no problem complying for those first couple days....but heres my dilemna....what to eat to get back on the wagon...

Anyone have some tips for me to get started fresh! It's been so long!

You can do it! Hey-- I'm impressed with the 2 year maintenance as well.

If you were my client at the gym, I'd recommend that you make a short term SMART goal (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-bound.) One or two small things that you know you CAN do, but haven't been doing. For example- I will eat 3 servings of high Protein foods each day. Or, I will walk for 15 minutes 5 days this week.

When you have accomplished those first one or two, add another one or two small goals for the next week in addition to the two from last week(or goals can be longer than that.) A goal like "I will lose 2 pounds this week" isn't a good one-- it's too nebulous. You want to choose goals that are action-oriented. 2 pounds doesn't just fall off. You have to eat specific things, exercise a specific amoutn, etc. Hopefully that makes sense.

Other than that-- for me, getting the bad carbs out of the diet works wonders for me in terms of kick starting weight loss. You might also start tracking food if you haven't been.

Good luck!

Jen, terrific advice!!!! I want to compliment the poster on 2 years of maintenance....that is awesome!!!! And by knowing what you have done day in day out for 2 years you can discover where to cut back on calories and where you can pick up the exercise without having an overwhelming lifestyle makeover. There is a rule of thumb that says 100 calories per pound of wt for maintenance or loss so if you want to weigh 130 you could probably eat 1200-1300 cals. That should give you 1-2 pounds of loss a week, boosted by whatever exercise calorie expenditure you do.

A nice way to get started exercising is to treat yourself to a few weeks with a personal trainer. I wish you all the best.

Mimi

Thank you both very much for your comments. I really need to cleanse my system too! I just need to get junk food off the mind. I get so mad at myself cause it makes me feel like crap!!! I don't know why I turn back to it!

So I am going to take some of the advice and apply it right now...2 goals for week 1

1) Stick to 3 days of liquid, 1 day of mushy post fill. I have cheated this in the past and I KNOW it's not good for me.

2) When I start solid foods on Monday...stick to 3 meals of Protein and veggies.

If anyone has some food advice...I would appreciate it. I need to refresh my memory!