Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one with dentures?

I have full upper dentures the are not easy to chew with. My concern is that I will not chew my food well enough and I will get "stuck". I am thinking that maybe I should reconsider having the band.

I've got a full upper, and have no problems whatsoever. Certainly don't let that be the deciding factor!

I see we're similar age so feel free to ask me anything!

Sharon

About 20 years ago I fainted and messed up my mouth nicely. After years of root canal this, cap that, enjoy your partial bridge, will that be cash or charge?, and "maybe you can hang onto them another year or 2". I could barely chew with them anyway, so took the plunge.

Uppers and lowers are rough. When I am home alone I take them out as often as not, to eat.

Anyway, I have been really worried about this myself. There is something about having all this plastic in my mouth, it's difficult to feel the size of the food. No big deal now, I have always been a fast eater and bad chewer, but I hope I can relearn well enough to chew up solid food thoroughly enough once banded.

You sound just like me. At home I almost never have my dentures in. I think my dentures are part of the reason I regain 120 pound weight loss. It is really hard to chew the good food. Since I started this lap band process I have been using my teeth to chew and chew and chew. However I still fear that it won't be enough. When are you to be banded?

Michele

If all goes well my date should be mid-September. I just got a call from my surgeons office saying he wants me to have a ct scan of my abdomen now, due to something they saw on the ultrasound, which he suspects might be a hernia in the umbilical region. I don't think I will be able to pay for hiatal hernia, lapband and #3 hernia repair, really need to talk to the surgeon about all this. :(

Keep me posted. I will be praying for you.

Michele

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches