Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I need more fill or should I just not eat?

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I had my first fill on Nov. 22nd, I have a 10cc band, had 3cc put in at surgery time and 1.5cc on the 22nd. I am not sure if I need more fill or what. I am not hungry between meals at all but when it is time to eat I can eat more than I should. (I try very hard not to though) I have to rely on my brain to tell me to stop and not the band. I have not lost any weight since having my fill either (12 days ago). Not sure what to do. Should I get a little more fill put in or what? I can use all the imput I can get.

Well, not sure what you mean by "more than I should." Are you eating until you are satisifed, and still losing weight?

Your numbers look really good

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I have not lost any weight since the Nov. 22nd(my last fill). I am suppose to eat 4 oz. meat and 1 cup of vegetables for dinner and I can eat twice that plus some. When I make my plate I just put on it what I am suppose to have and when it is gone I make myself quit or I would way overeat because I am still hungry and my band will let me eat more, but I don't want to gain anything so I am trying to follow my diet guidelines. This is why I think I need more fill. I can get in on the 7th but I would like to know what you all think I should do before I make the appointment and the 3 hour trip to the doctor.

Thanks Vines for trying to help....I would really like some more opinions from more bandsters on what I should do. Thanks

JaLynn, I got my 2nd fill on the 22nd as well. I didn't feel any restriction at all until this past Saturday. I had already made an appointment for another fill on the 20th of Dec. I have also been doing the Southbeach diet since Wednesday of last week and I managed to lose 3.5 pounds. Prior to that, I had not lost anything after my fill. I have a 10cc band with 4.4 in it. Since everybody is different with their restriction..it is hard to judge. I have to practice carb and calorie counting...I just don't do well enough just winging it and letting my band handle it...at least not yet. ;-)

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

bumping to get some more input.....please

JoLynn,

Are you going to meet with the dr soon? I think you said you were going to Minot instead of coming to Bismarck. If that's true, you won't have a meeting with the nutritionist. I would call and ask if you can email her so she can help you decide if you need more fill.

It sounds to me like you do need more fill. I wish you were coming to Bismarck. Andy (the PA) is getting really good at finding the 'sweet spot'. Its too complicated to explain here but he seems to have a knack at hitting it.

The tough thing is making sure you are not overfilled. A week ago I was ready to get an 'unfill'. I was so tight during the winter storm that I ended up on liquids and eating poor choices (gaining weight). But that has passed and now I feel my fill is right.

I will try and call you later today. Celeste

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Celeste, I talked to Kay (dietician) and she thought I should get more fill also. I can go to Minot if I want to he is there the first Wed. of every month. I am thinking of coming to Bismarck after Christmas to get another fill, I would come sooner but I want to come on a Friday and stay overnight. We have our X-mas party the 17th, and with x-mas on the 24 that doesn't work and so it will have to be later. Maybe even Jan. 6th. I will let you know though. I haven't gained anything so at least I am maintaining.

And besides if I come there then we get to go out!!!!YIPPPYYYYY

talk to you later

sounds like you may not be eating slow enough - does it take you roughly 30-45 min to finish a meal? when you finish the plate you've protioned out are you actually "hungry" (stomach growling etc.)? or do you just not feel full?

I hardly ever feel full, i dont want to get there because I'm scared of throwing up. I take a long time to eat and make sure i start with Protein then veggies, I realize after about 25-30 min that I'm tired of eating and not hungry anymore, so i stop.

but it is different for everyone

I agree with your nutritionist. It sounds like you need a fill as the quantity of foods you can eat. Shawn