Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Journey, Happy Bandiversary!!!

One year ago I was rolled down the isle in an 2XL gown, big ole booties and a smile because I knew my life would change. I went in prepared to face the challenges and joy that this decision would cause me. The first month I survived the liquid diet, post-surgery pain and discomfort and lost bonus 10 lbs that I have yet to see again. The second month I noticed my clothes getting looser and another 5 lbs gone, I can eat but the problem was I wanted to eat everything so I was welcomed to Bandster-Hell. The third month I had gotten my first fill 2ccs humm felt tight for like a day then back to eating it up… good thing no weight gain and another 2lbs gone. Month four, I noticed my size 22’s are falling off of me literally and another 2lbs gone, this is going slow I thought time for a fill and off I went another 2cc’s now 4ccs in a 10cc band. Month five another 2lbs goneI am still hungry and my 20’s are fitting loser, food still goes down pretty easily, and I have yet to experience a stuck episode I was so happy. Another .5 ccs in the band. 4.5 ccs Month Six no weight loss nothing, not a pound, I am starting to feel full faster but I can still eat two burritos and taco bell. And my workouts are sporadic time to make an appointment with the doctor .5cc’s he said I say more but I will see. Month Seven, Had .5cc’s in my band I don’t think that will do much of anything for me, but I took the doctor said wait another week and if it doesn’t work out then I can come back however, I got really busy with life and alas no weight loss but bread is off the menu forever, I experienced my first episode of slime and stuck with a piece of pork chop, and then a piece of bread. 5.5 ccs in the band I am halfway full that has got to count for something. Month eight, I am feeling discouraged I ended up not losing any weight this month, I lost 5lbs with my fill and I gained it back. I don’t know why because I can’t eat as much, and I am moving more it is spring and hot around here. I ended up having hernia surgery and couldn’t get a fill until I recovered from my surgery and I finally got the fill I wanted 1 cc’s now I am more than half way there 6.5cc’s and I am really feeling that day to day stuff that I have read about on the boards, feeling tight in the morning, I can eat a yogurt and be stuffed, and be satisfied for hours oh and my 20’s are now gone, I am now in a very loose fitting 18…I can’t wait. Month nine, it has been a few weeks since my fill I lost another 5lbs which is nice and my 18’s are gone I am in a 16 which I haven’t been in since 2003, I still have a ways to go I somehow thought I would have gotten further in my pounds lost but it is not that bad. I would have hit this point without my band. My eating is good I think I have hit my sweet spot but some days I am a little tighter I have learned to eat slow, I can’t eat fries, bread, and dry turkey oh and nothing on the McDonalds dollar menu goes down… so no bad foods for me. Month ten, weight loss has slowed down I think my body is doing the starvation hold, so my goal to combat it is to increase my exercise. Month eleven, I have increased my exercise and I am starting to feel better, I went shopping and no matter what store I went in I fit the 16’s and some were even loose and I lost another 5lbs this month. Now at month twelve I don’t regret my decision to have the band, my life has changed in my activity level my confidence I am still struggling or say dealing with the consequences of not planning my meals, eating too fast or trying those forbidden foods, but I know I am this for the long haul which is awesome to me. I have increased my activity level and plan to keep that up, I will be at my goal weight next year this time and with my band to use as my food tool, and my motivation as my next I will be there… Happy Bandiversary!!! :redface:

Congratulations on your bandiversary. Read your journey. Wow! You are doing real well. Nice to be in "normal" sizes isn't it. It took awhile for me to realize that my 20w's were falling off my butt. Then when I was able to go into the misses department. That was a great feeling. Good luck in your upcoming next goals. Karen

Thanks, I had Dr. Singh at St. Agnes Hospital, Love him