Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions: Confused and mad.

I was pretty certain that I was told at the beginning of this process that you will know you are at your sweet spot when you can eat 1/2 cup to 1 cup of food at a time and not feel hungry for 4 hours. Today the PA at Dr. Keith's office (Winters) told me that it was perfectly normal to be hungry every 2 hours and refused to give me my second fill. So am I at my sweet spot already?

I am eating about 3/4 cup to 1 cup of food at a time. I do get full on this amount, but get hungry soon afterwards and could easily eat a cup of food every 2 hours if I let myself, but I usually tough it out until closer to the 4 hour mark, like I thought I was supposed to. I have never had any problems with getting stuck/vomiting/etc. I can eat all foods including most breads and pasta's, but try to avoid them because I know I am not supposed to have them. I am getting about 80 grams of Protein a day. The hunger is a nawing (stomach going to eat itself) kinda feeling.

I was very upset about not getting a fill (only have 3 cc) and have to drive 3 hours for my appointments. I made the comment that I drove all this way for nothing and she got hateful. I tried to explain to her about being hungry after 2 hours and that is when she told me that was normal and that it didn't matter what I said, that she wasn't changing her mind.

Her main concern was that I am losing 2 pounds per week, but I am working hard to lose that 2 pounds. I feel like I am being punished for working hard and following the rules. If I did eat every 2 hours like I want to, I bet I wouldn't be losing those 2 pounds a week. So what do I do?

My other question is for those of you that are familiar with Dr. Keith's practice. Do you know if I can schedule my next appointment (in 6 weeks) with Dr. Keith or do I have to see her? I will change doctors before I see her again. I've only seen her twice and both times I didn't like her, but I did decide to give her another chance after the first time just in case she was having a bad day. I told them I wouldn't be back, but my husband really thinks I should at least see if I can be seen by Dr. Keith since my problem is not with him (I think he is great).

I think you are paying her for her services and if you are not happy with her ATTITUDE ask to see your surgeon and if that doesnt make you happy...find services elswhere. ITS YOUR MONEY AND YOUR BODY!!

I agree. You don't deserve to be treated that way and it's absolutely ridiculous that you couldn't get a fill when you're hungry every two hours. At the very least, document how you were treated and make an official complaint about it. That b**** needs to be fired.

On a positive note, way to go on your weight loss and willpower.

Ditto what everyone else said. Fills should not be based on how much you're losing each week. They should be based on whether or not you're still hungry and the quantity you are able to eat.

I'd call and ask to speak to *her* supervisor. Sounds like she's on a power trip.

I get hungry about every 2-3 hours, have since getting banded. Depending on how I am doing fill wise, I get satisfied with what I eat. I allow myself some Snacks. Eat 4-5 times a day. I know it's different then what lots of people have talked about but it has been my experience. Good luck!

The nurse at my surgeon's office who does the fills is very careful to try to understand whether the amount I am eating is due to restriction or due to my own willpower. It doesn't sound like the woman at your office gets the difference. I'd see if you can see the surgeon.

AND I'd see if he'll see you earlier than scheduled.

The WHOLE purpose of getting the band is to not eat too much at one time and not feel like you have to eat all the time. your will power will not last, other wise we would not have needed the band in the first place.

You are not going to lose much faster by being more restricted but you will be able to maintain it for the rest of your life.

Got to someone else, there has to be some other place that will do the fills. you need to be restricted more so you will feel full longer.

If there is no better option you may have to trick her into a fill. if you looked like you gained weight next time you go in you might be able to get a fill.

Drink as much Water as you can just before you go in and wear heavy clothing, put a bunch of lead weights in your shoes and pockets so it looks like you gained 10 lbs since the last time. then tell her you cant stand it any more and are eating every hour because your hungry!:unsure:

dman